Menu

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    First of all, my heart and prayers goes out to the people on this thread (and anyone else) who are still TTC <3

Well, I don't have any children yet, but I always imagined having a big-ish family. I'm an only child myself, and I think there's a lot of advantages to it, but certainly also some pretty big disadvantages.
    Ideally, I'd love to have 3-4 children. For some reason, my friends all believe I'll have 5 children, and my mom is convinced I'll have 2 sets of twins lol.

I guess time will tell. Maybe I'll change my mind and have an only child? I'll get back to you in like 10 years, when I've hopefully had at least one baby
    Scandinavian berry ◊ twenty-something
    Not expecting, just collecting

Alice ◊ Phoebe

Elliot ◊ Jack

That is so awkward that she would ask you that and assume just because you have a girl and a boy that you wouldn't want anymore!

I think it always just depends on the person. Some people want both sex, but many people don't pay attention to the sex, they just want big families or their daughter to have a sister and/or their son to have a brother. It takes all kinds

I've struggled with figuring out how many I want. Of course, for my own selfish reasons I would really love a boy and a girl. If I had both a girl and a boy, I may be done there... but I also would love for my daughter to have a sister. I grew up with a sister and we are so close. The bond just doesn't compare to anything else and I would love to have a daughter experience that.

I think it also depends on where the husband and I are at financially.

At this point, I'd probably say 2 children, but not opposed to 3!
    Gals:

Lucy | Nora | Eleanor | Calliope | Stella | Beatrix
    Gemma | Violet | Isla | Eloise | Isadora | Colette
    Matilda | Frankie | Elowen | Cosette | Maxine | Ruby

Guys:

Theodore | Samson | Knox | Felix | Jack | Edison
    Adler | Ezra | Tobias | Noble | Ellis | Silas
    Dashiell | Ernest | Graham | Owen | Sawyer | Gideon

Baby #1 due to arrive August 2017!

more here >> please vote

Well, when I was pregnant I was just 18 so I dreamt of a big family, maybe 4 to 5 children. My sister has eight children, three boys and five girls. Her firstborn is the same age as my daughter (17) and the youngest is just two. Her family is so adorable. I have only one daughter, my boyfriend died unexpectedly when I was pregnant and I've not overcome it even 17 years later. I have never gotten married and his death made me focus on our daughter and my studies and later work so now I don't want any more children.

1-2. No preferences when it comes to the sex. One of my main concerns is the environment and overpopulation. If I felt the need to have more then two kids in the future, I would definitely consider adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by cee-a View Post
    1-2. No preferences when it comes to the sex. One of my main concerns is the environment and overpopulation. If I felt the need to have more then two kids in the future, I would definitely consider adoption.
    Overpopulation isn't a concern in developed countries, it's actually quite the opposite?

I would personally love to have a big family, 6 has always been my go to number, but it all depends on where I stand financially, and where my future partner stands as well. If we were to have more than 6, then I would likely adopt, but I also know that adoption is incredibly difficult in some cases in Canada, and I would prefer to adopt domestically if I could. I would say 6 for sure, but anywhere from 4-8 is good for me really. I suppose I'll wait and see what happens when I have a partner to discuss this with!

desirae alyssa ✿ stephanie abigail ✿ melissa jayde ✿ tiffany isabella ✿ lindsey olivia ✿ heather amelia ✿ shayla lily ✿ kelly christina
    aaron jacob ✿ michael james ✿ andrew lucas ✿ jake william ✿ chandler robert ✿ adam hunter ✿ matthew parker ✿ zachary daniel

Hubby and I got married young. I always saw us having 5 or 6 kids like 2 or so years apart but life had other plans for us.

We currently have two with a 10 year gap and would welcome another if that came to be.
    Raven born 2004
    Daisy born 2014
    Layla born 2016

Honestly at the moment its all up in the air. Ideally I'd love 6 kids with at least 2 of each so that each child had both a sister and a brother to turn to. That and plenty of options for playmates! My OH was of the opinion that he only wanted one of each and that was it, which probably reflects that he was one of two and younger than his sister by about 6 years. I on the other hand am one of a few and with my parents being one of 8 and one of 5 respectively I guess I was always going to want to have a bigger family. Realistically we can probably afford 4, with OH being talked into 3 so far we shall see. Although as we are anxiously waiting to fall with #1 it is just dreaming at this point!
    "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, its sings because it has a song."
    ~ Maya Angelou

*second star to the right and straight on till morning*

29/12/15 . 12/08/17

Mama to CTP 09.16 & ELA 09.18

For me it's a one and then we'll see how that goes sort of thing. When I was younger I thought two was ideal, but now that my niece is a threenager I've considered none.

thinking about...
    Pearl

vote on my Pearl combos

I've always thought three but I could imagine myself stretching to five! I prefer odd numbers, so three or five would be my game!
    Little Miss's
    ♥ Sienna ♥ Everly ♥ Clara ♥
    ♥ Annalise ♥ Kinsley ♥ Aria ♥ Eleni ♥ Hollie ♥
    ♥ Elowen ♥ Charlotte ♥ Lydia ♥ Emerson ♥ Athena ♥

Little Mr's
    ♥ Ramsey ♥ Harrison ♥ Nolan ♥
    ♥ Lester ♥ Atlas ♥ Elwood ♥ Mason ♥ Miles ♥
    ♥ Reid ♥ Wilder ♥ Chester ♥ Finnegan ♥ Hudson♥

My wife and I talked and we think we want 3 kids.
    Our bubba has arrived. Welcome to the planet Dylan Astrid.