Menu

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Zahra Dusk Leela - Black one-eyed cat. We often call her "Lil Baby One-Eye" and "Tiny Girl."

- Zahra: A name I'd been obsessed with back when we acquired our male cat Midnight. His name was supposed to be Zahra, until the vet surprised us and revealed he was not a girl as we'd been told!
    - Dusk: Short films are my passion, and Dusk was the name of the most poignant and influential short film I saw the year we acquired her.
    - Leela: The name the shelter gave her, after Futurama's Turanga Leela. We thought it was clever, so we kept it!

Midnight Zarathustra - Black cat.

- Midnight: He's black and I thought it was cute. That was my whole thought process.
    - Zarathustra: His name was intended to be Zahra. We'd been told he was a girl, but spoiler alert: he was not! Zarathustra was the only male version of Zahra I could come up with; plus, I was in high school band at the time and one of the pieces we performed was, "Thus Spake Zarathustra."

Maximilian Louis "Max" - Chonky long-haired something-or-other cat. We tend to call him "Fatty Max" and "Chonky Boy."

- Max: This was the name given to him at the shelter we adopted him from.
    - Maximilian: My brother was supposed to get to name him, seeing as I insisted on naming every other pet we had, but he thought it'd be less confusing to keep calling him what the shelter had been calling him. So he extended Max into Maximilian, named for Robespierre because of his interest in the French Revolution.
    - Louis: Pronounced "Louie." This was also a French Revolution name from my brother, in honor of the beheaded king.

Shadow Ani - Black lab-dachshund mix.

- Shadow: Again, she was black, and I thought it was cute. I was a very creative namer as a kid.
    - Ani: My brother's choice. He was about six at the time and obsessed with Star Wars. He wanted Anakin; I said absolutely not, that's a boy's name. We settled on Ani ("Annie"), the name his mother calls him in the first film.
    **Sophie Elizabeth ~ Alexa Dawn ~ Hope Rebecca ~ Alison Sarah ~ Noelle Chelsea ~ Evelyn Charlotte ~ Margot Sylvia ~ Lily Brynn ~ Natalie Alice ~ Lola Emily**

**Lachlan Gabriel ~ Jasper Elliott ~ Declan Matthew ~ David Michael ~ Nolan Xavier ~ Trevor Isaac ~ Seth Zachary ~ Colin William ~ Logan Thomas ~ Nicholas Julian **

Penny - Penelope Anne/Penny Grace, we usually call her Penny Grace. (Half German shepherd, half Australian shepherd mix) Penelope Anne is really something only I use. (She’s a copper penny sort of color. I call her Copper Penny sometimes, too.)

Panda - Panda Bear. (Half German shepherd, half Australian shepherd mix) (She has patches around each of her eyes like a panda bear) If she weren’t already named when we adopted her, I wanted to name her Gwen and her full name would’ve been Gwendolyn May.

Hunter - Hunter Raymond. (A beagle) He didn’t have a middle name up until about a year ago when I finally got sick of not have anything to call him that sounding more threatening.

Tiny - Tiny Grace. A cat that was so tiny when she was born, that she could curl up in the palm of your hand, so thus, my siblings and I being around 10 at the time, named her Tiny. And Tiny Grace happened because we needed something to yell when she’s being bad.

Angel - Angel Grace. (A cat) We never really officially decided that her middle name would be Grace, we just kind of started calling her Angel Grace (the same with Penny Grace). I can’t remember why we named her Angel though, I’m sure it was probably just something my sister liked or something.

We have a lot of other animals, because we have a lot of barn cats, but no others with full names. To list those with only first names:

Duke (dog that isn’t ours, but hangs around - male)
    Superman (cat - male)
    London (cat - male)
    Chocolate (cat - female)
    Blaze (cat - female)
    Amos (cat - male)
    Daisy (cat - female)
    Callie (cat - female)
    Snow White (cat - female)
    Teddy BearTeddy”/“Ted”/“Theodore”/“Tedder” (cat - male)
    Leondré “Leon”/“Lee” (cat - male)

Those in other homes:

TobiasToby” (dog - male)
    Rocky (dog - male)
    Dash (cat - male)
    Lily (cat - female)
    Max (cat - male)
    RacerAce” (cat - male)
    Mittens (cat - female)
    Jessica (cat - female)
    Smoky (cat - male)
    Cory (cat - male)
    Elizabeth (cat - female)
    Marshmallow (cat - female)

A teenage name lover & aspiring author, gathering inspiration and dreaming.

Favorites

Micah, Gideon, Elliott, Joseph, Joel, Jeremiah, Theodore “Theo”, Theodore Aloysius.

Charity, Mercy, Harper, Lydia, Maryellen, Gwendolyn “Gwen”, Alyanna “Allie”, Rosalie “Rose”, Rosamonde “Rose”, Gwendolyn Hazel, Mercy Annabeth.

Love, but probably won’t use

Solomon, Reuel, Malachi “Kai”, Tobias “Toby”.

Primrose, Prudence “Prue”, Damaris, Ardith, Antha, Magnolia Ruth “Maggie Ruth”.

June Carolina, Freya Halle Moon, Liliosa Mirabelle, Adelaide Honey,
    Mabel Amelia, Eva Lavender, Belle Addison Jean, Rosa Genevieve, Hadley Matilda, Lilabet Maisie, Selene Tigerlily

Our dog's name is Beatrix Stella. Really she just got her middle name from my soon-to-be sister-in-law insisting we name her Stella. I don't care much for that name and don't see it fitting our rowdy pit-mix very well so we called it her middle name and went with our choice for the first: Beatrix. We usually just end up calling her Bea for short.
    25. Engaged. Dog Mom of Beatrix

Boys: Rory Charles Augustus ~ Felix Alistair Leon ~ Sebastian Walter ~ Arlo Edmund
    Girls: Silvana Eleanor ~ Elowen Cordelia ~ Freya Marigold ~ Cecily Aveline ~ Morgana Violet ~ Mirabel Rosalind

Calico Cat - Popsicle
    nm Popsy

Calls herself: Mowelle

Named after my Grandma dreamed that Popsy was frozen in the shape of a Popsicle with her tail as the stick. Gruesome I know... lol
    ~Lassies~ Sierra Lorenna Joy ~ Everly Aurora Elise ~ Natalie Cecilia May ~ Hadassah Elmira Faith ~ Cassia Elyssia Linnea ~ Tirzah Rosalie Sky ~ Destry Cora Sapphire ~ Cecily Aliyah Rose ~ Zipporah Elizabeth Shalom ~

-Laddies- - Caspian Excalibur Milo - Wesley Michael Kent - Zephan Emory Luis - Beniah Lorenzo Evron - Ezra Levi Xavrin - Adrian Castiel Rowan - Ender Grey

Fat cat

I have a 9-10 yo male fat cat. His name is Mr. Fatboy Trevor.
    Erin Rayelle, Mariah Taylor, Tiffany Myra, Libelle Hope, Jessica Blanché, MePhone3GS, Jaidyn Bmidele, Hurriyah Lyric, MePhone4, Brianna Joyce, MePhone4S, Aaliyah Orianne, MePhone5, MePhone5S, MePhone5C, Olympia Adilyn, Andy Pixie and De'Andre Pharrell†

RIP De'Andre Pharrell, ?/?/16 - 1/6/20

1 year old cute white and orange spotted cat- Peppermint Pecan Cutie-Pie (LN)
    3 year old orange mackerel scottish straight- Hazelnut Garbanzo Meatball (LN)
    gals
    Alondra Mae_Genevieve Wren_Silvia Lark_Sabre Viviana_Willow Grace Reverie_Avalon Callista_Hallie Faye_Elowen Meadow_Willoughby Rain_Seraphina Moon_Calliope Scout_Erelyn Penny_Cressida Nyx

guys
    Evander Sparrow_Robin Ambrose_Avan Dexter_Varian Winter_Auden Gray_Zedekiah Blue_Rodney "Ned" Corbin_Elyan Lyric_Percival Soren_Ewan Cobalt_Emrys Albion_Nat Fable

fellows
    River Quinn_Tiernan Lake_Rowan Fable_Atlantis River_Aidan Night_Avery Zenith_Sparrow Lyric_London Blue