Menu

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What is your pet's full name?

I know most people have long funny names for their pet. (or at least me…) I was wondering what some other people chose for their pet. Just put the species/breed and the their whole name, as well as any nick names. And if you want, a list of their names and how you chose them.

Example-
    Dog- Australian Shepherd mix,

Cleopatra Penelope Nymphanora

-Cleo: What we call her. The only name our family could agree on.
    -Penelope: What I wanted to name her. (Penny)
    -Nymphadora: My favorite character from Harry Potter. (Besides Harry Potter) Nymphadora Tonks!

Tortoise shell cat

Zola Bastet Frederica

Zola: I've loved this name for a really long time, but couldn't see my child with the name. I had a poll thread with Sylvie, Margot and Zola and it came out as the most liked/fitting for her. People said Zola looked very regal and so did my Zola.
    Bastet: Someone mention in the pasr thread that they had it set aside for a future cat because it's a cat goddess. I really liked it with Zola and it added to the regal aspect.
    Frederica: Just a name I added recently while joking around with my grandmother.

Nicknames: Zoey, ZoZo, Pretty girl, ZoeBean, ZoeyBean, Zoeygirl

Zola has more nicknames than I can name. I probably confuse the poor kit.

Here's my girl

Zara Johannes | Henrik Matthias | Idris Arthur | Viktor/Philip Emmanuel | Alexis Rafael | Aleksandr Kamil | Emmanuel Henrik | Benjamin/John Hazel| | Vivian Arthur | Julian Aleksandr

Lydia Katarzyna | Talia Beatrycze | Naima Beatriz | Helen Theodosia | Lois Katherine | Regina Simone | Rebekah Inez | Vivian Odette | Martha Winifred | Diana Margaret | Laura Felicity | Elisabeth Camille

Hey there! Check out this fb group for extra naming help! This one is good for talk on cultural names!

A Persian male kitty.

His name is just Maurice (I propably should add some middles )

He is name Maurice due to his black color.

Ah nicknames! I called him often Raven & my family Moo.

I finally add middle names! Maurice Rhodes Edgar. Rhodes after the singer and Edgar after Poe.
    Last edited by bellerose; September 5th, 2015 at 05:51 AM.
    Sorry for my English. They aren't my first language, and I try my best.

We have two cats.

Our calico is named Agatha Penelope. I've always loved the name Agatha for a cat. It sounds so witchy and mischievious to me. My boyfriend picked Penelope for her middle name. We pretty much just call her Aggie or Baby Cat.

That's her in my picture.

Our gray and white is Allister Horace. I chose Allister because I wanted another 3 syllable name that started with A to match Agatha. I wanted to use Alastor (as in Alastor Moody), but my boyfriend didn't like that spelling so we went with Allister. Horace was his name in the shelter, and we decided to keep it as his middle name. We call him Alley and Alley Cat.
    1. Jeffrey, Jonah, Jamison, Julia, Jessa, Jordan
    2. Madeline, Susannah, Rosalie
    3. Leander, Zinnia, Xanthe, Jasmine

Female, Tabby Cat (grey/white/tan/black colors).

Full Name: Tiger Lilly Jane

Reason: Her first name is due to her striping, and it fits her purrfectly. She is feisty like a Tiger and sweet like a Lily when she wants to be. Jane is because were I adopted her from found her originally on a military base and her "name" was GI Jane. So I kept Jane as her middle name.

ETA: Her NN are: Ti, Tiger, Ti Ti, Tig, Lilly, and a few others that have no relation to her name.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Gotham | Hessian | Salem
    ♂ Anakin | Sailor

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane

Labrador Retriever/German Shepherd/Terrier Mix -
    Full Name: Delilah Sapphira
    Nicknames: Lily, Dilly, Gilliflower, Doobus, Tigerlily, Nightflower
    Reason -
    Delilah: I've always liked the name Delilah, but since I was fifteen and the dog came before having children, she got the name. Plus, it really suits her.
    Sapphira: I had been reading Eragon at the time I had gotten her. Her eyes were also still a deep, sapphire blue color.

Pekingese/Rat Terrier/Chihuahua/Pug/Beagle Mix -
    Full Name: Malachi Jude Gideon
    Reason -
    Malachi: He was named after the black Great Dane owned by the Shaytards on Youtube. The name was chosen by my brother.
    Jude: Another puppy was born in the same litter as Malachi, we called him Jude after the son Hey Jude. He looked just like his grandmother, Prudence, who was also named after a Beatles song. Unfortunately, this puppy didn't make it. So it's in honor of his brother.
    Gideon: My mom liked the way it sounded with both Malachi and Jude.
    Nicknames: Mali, Kai, Gremlin, Dragon, Squishy

Pug/Jack Russell Terrier/Rat Terrier/Chihuahua/Beagle Mix -
    Full Name: Otter Belle
    Reason -
    Otter: When she was first born she looked like an otter.
    Belle: Named after her mother, Bella.
    Nicknames; Ottie, Potty, Potter, Trotter, Curl Trot, McTrotter, Potts
    My Fur-Babies -
    Delilah Sapphira
    Otter Belle
    Tiberius Blaze

-- Myth

Australian Terrier- Benjamin. His name from the shelter was Benji, so we just lengthened it to Benjamin. We call him Ben, Benji, Bean, The Guy, Benjamin Button and Benjaroonie.

I also have a Syrian hamster called Mabel Maeve. Just too names I liked. I call her MayMay and my toddler calls her Berble.
    ~~Mummy to Isobel Yvonne Feb 2014~~
    ~~Baby Boy due August 2016~~

Evelina, Tabitha, Adelaide,Flora, Neve, Verity, Vivienne, Ada, Violet, Rosalie, Carys, Esme, Florence,Eliza, Agatha, Beatrix

Kieran,Soren, Malachi, Miles, Atticus, Rowan, Josiah, Ezra, Asher, Everett, Jude, Levi

Rosalie Blythe~Esme Beatrix~Florence Verity~ Adelaide Pearl~Adeline Thea~
    Rowan Jude~Kieran James~Soren Ezra~Everett Josiah

Lol! We have a Bullmastiff named Khal Drogo and a Great Dane named Ghost Stark.
    Named after Game of Thrones characters. Well, if you count Ghost as a character? He's Jon Snow's Direwolf.
    Anyway. With Drogo, we wanted to name him something that would fit him, big and bulky and kinda scaryish. And then with Ghost, we wanted a name was also in the Game of Thrones universe so their names would go together. He's mostly white so Ghost was the first thing that popped in my head that seemed appropriate.
    In a perfect world in which husbands have no say in what our children are named

Seraphina Jane - Jocelyn Ruby
    Aria Noelle - Winter Grace
    Willow Nova - Evelyn Ember

Declan Silas - Sebastian Grey
    Maxwell Apollo - River Cassius
    Archer Atlas - Benjamin Phoenix

PQ July 2009
    AF April 2011
    CA July 2014
    ML Dec 2015
    EP Oct 2016
    *new little (boy, I think, maybe?) arriving Jan 2019*

Delilah Mae-Australian Shepherd
    We got her when she was a year old and she already had a name so we kept it. I added Mae as filler middle, which I know regret, because it's my favorite nickname for my top girl's name, but it won't matter! We mostly call her Dee and Wiggle-Butt

Buckley- Rat Terrier/Chihuahua
    We also didn't name Buckley either. I think he had a middle name at some point, but I can't remember. We call him Buck a lot. And something else I can't mention.

Scout, Madeleine, and Oxford-cats
    We're terrible cat owners, but it's not our fault they all hate us. They're outside cats and we live in the country, so we thought they'd all died before Scout showed up. I had a lot of names in mind, but suggested Scout as a more recognizable literary name than say, Euphrasie. Madeleine and Oxford are based on our last name and we let our dogsitter name them. He suggested Madley, but I was adamant that she was at least Madeleine.
    Elizabeth Moira, Anna Jane Violet
    Cecily Andromeda “Lily”, Susannah Niamh "Sunny"
    Josephine Bea, Paloma Tamar “Lola”

Ciaran David Eugene, Ronin Michael
    Patrick Alasdair "Kit", Jonathan Meriadoc
    Aaron Nathaniel, Evan Wilder

Arthur Valentino Lorenzo Elisabeth Jago

It was more of a joke really. Arthur is my pet but no one would let me change it when I adopted him from the shelter. I wanted to call him Valentino after a clown from a Cirque du Soleil show. Then Lorenzo because I thought it sounded good and because my mother complained about how long it is I added Elisabeth and Jago (Jago being a family name).

J. 21. Designer.

Edith Primrose. Eira Rosemary. Poppy Matilda. Sylvie Primrose. Vera Thomasin.
    Elliot Christian. Julian Theodore. Vincent Orion. Walter Edmund.

Anna Soleil. Jane Leonora. Rose Evangeline.

Claire Claudia Evangeline Gwendolen Leora Maia Mieke Marguerite Susan Yelena
    Atlas August Darcy Donovan Edmund Jude Loren Sai Theoden Vaughn Willem Winston