Menu

Page 2 of 2602 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast
    @aym - Not at all! In fact, I love Luella, Viola, Wilhelmina and Henrietta (or even just Luella & Henrietta!).

If I have the name Evelyn Rose on my list, does that sound too dry and boring? I was between Evelyn Lily and Evelyn Rose, but Evelyn Lily didn't quite fit as nicely for me, and I love the name Rose, it just doesn't sound right in any FN combos for me.

desirae alyssa ✿ stephanie abigail ✿ melissa jayde ✿ tiffany isabella ✿ lindsey olivia ✿ heather amelia ✿ shayla lily ✿ kelly christina
    aaron jacob ✿ michael james ✿ andrew lucas ✿ jake william ✿ chandler robert ✿ adam hunter ✿ matthew parker ✿ zachary daniel

@aym - Thanks! I always thought it wouldn't be a problem, but when my brother mentioned a few names they were considering I was like uhhhhh our styles are really similar! I figured he would pick something more top 100 trendy, but nope! So now I am a bit concerned! Moreso for my boys names than girls names!

@Lawsonhaley - I think Evelyn Rose is just darling! I would love to meet an Evelyn Rose before a lot of other more 'creative' names, though it does feel a bit dry, but in a good way, it's classic! I dislike the double L sound in Evelyn Lily as pretty as it is!

My question, if I were to use two middles to avoid unfortunate initials, like Lavender Ellen Jane Z, (instead of L.E.Z), would I be obligated to give all my children two middles?? (I like Lachlan Alexander just on it's own... )

{sleep wake hope and then}
    e.e cummings

TTC Our First
    Hoping on a Rainbow
    —————
    7w6d - 6w - 4w - 12w - 5w
    Patience - Opal - Hope - Haven - Wren
    Always with me.

@ Kibby - no I don't think so. You rarely call the child by their middle names, so I don't think its a big deal. My Mum is one of 4 kids and the only one without any middle name at all. It's never been a problem for her. People really only refer to them by their first names on a regular basis. I say go for it. Lachlan Alexander is lovely.

Is it weird to name your child the same name as a close friend, simply because you like the name? Would everyone assume you have named the child after said friend when in fact you just liked the name?

@iraasuup - Depending on if I knew both of you, I would assume that maybe it was to honour that person, but it also depends on how unique the name is! If the friend has a one in a million name, I would very likely assume you at least got it from your friend, however if it is a popular name, I would just be like yeah, another so-and-so without considering the friend. I think the more important thing to consider is if the friend would think it was after him/her!

Question for a friend!
    They have put Brennan at the top of their list, intials would be BJS. We think it wouldn't be so bad for a boy, worse for a girl, what do you think?

{sleep wake hope and then}
    e.e cummings

TTC Our First
    Hoping on a Rainbow
    —————
    7w6d - 6w - 4w - 12w - 5w
    Patience - Opal - Hope - Haven - Wren
    Always with me.

@Kibby,
    I don't think the initials BJS would be that big of an issue. Most of his classmates wouldn't know his middle initial, and it would likely only be a problem from 6th-10th grades, after that most students should be a little more mature. I went to school with a boy who everyone called BJ (I don't even know what it stood for) and he had no problems.

My question:
    Before we found out my daughter was a girl, we were planning on using the name Zenon/Cenon for a boy. Zenon was the name of my fiance's grandfather. A couple months ago, my fiance's cousin who lives in Mexico used the name. Can we still use the name or should we use it for the middle name?
    Noemi Xochitl *5/19/14*
    Kiana Rosalie *12/9/17*

Favorite names at the moment:

Adela Rosario * Sarai Josefina * Serafina Belen * Valeria Elise * Ximena Daisy

☆Zenon (Say-NOHN) * Enrique * Gabriel * Isaiah * Josiah * Zacarias☆