Menu

Page 2 of 1407 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast
    It's a family name so you can use it, but I would personally use it in the middle spot since they already used it in the first name spot.

Clary, nickname only or full name?

@jtucker, I like it as a full name more than any of the full name options (Claire, Clara, Clarissa, etc).

For the future, would it be confusing/a bad idea to name a boy Leo when my sister is named Leah? I hope that my kids will be close to their aunts.
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

10 Year Challenge- Name Nerd Edition

Theresa | Jocelyn | Aspen | Kari | Chyna
    Cody | Cole

💜

@sparkleninja18 Not at all, they are quite a bit different in sound!

If I want to use Violet Josephine, would it be too much to have Evelyn Rose, Sophia Daisy or Lillian Mary as a sister?

desirae alyssa ✿ stephanie abigail ✿ melissa jayde ✿ tiffany isabella ✿ lindsey olivia ✿ heather amelia ✿ shayla lily ✿ kelly christina
    aaron jacob ✿ michael james ✿ andrew lucas ✿ jake william ✿ chandler robert ✿ adam hunter ✿ matthew parker ✿ zachary daniel

@lawsonhaley - I don't think it would be too much, I adore flower names. Violet Josephine is stunning as are your other combinations.

Question
    Odette, pretty or do you just see oh-debt?

@jtucker, I don't see oh-debt in the slightest - well, not until you brought it up aha. It's very pretty.

Do you think Po would be a cute pet name for Poppet or does it remind you too much of the panda?

J. 21. Designer.

Edith Primrose. Eira Rosemary. Poppy Matilda. Sylvie Primrose. Vera Thomasin.
    Elliot Christian. Julian Theodore. Vincent Orion. Walter Edmund.

Anna Soleil. Jane Leonora. Rose Evangeline.

Claire Claudia Evangeline Gwendolen Leora Maia Mieke Marguerite Susan Yelena
    Atlas August Darcy Donovan Edmund Jude Loren Sai Theoden Vaughn Willem Winston

@steampunkleo: I don't know the panda, so it just seems like a cute pet name for Poppet to me. I like it!

Can I use the name Kyla (kie-la) if my sister is called Kyrah (keer-rah, as in Kira/Keira)?

summerskin Guest
    @eoxima: You'll probably have to correct pronunciation, but they're different names with different sounds if pronounced correctly. I say go for it.

Should I use the more Anglicized version, Theodora, or one that comes from my family's heritage, Teodora?

@Summerskin - For me, I would say them differently, one tee-oh-dora, and the other thee-oh-dora, not sure if that's correct though. I would personally go for Theodora as Teodora feels incomplete to me and Theodora would be more easily read/said in the Americas I think.

If my nephew (only one so far!) has Francis as a middle name, after my grandfather, can I still use it in the middle? (Even as Frances for a girl?)

{sleep wake hope and then}
    e.e cummings

TTC Our First
    Hoping on a Rainbow
    —————
    7w6d - 6w - 4w - 12w - 5w
    Patience - Opal - Hope - Haven - Wren
    Always with me.

@kibby, hmm that's a difficult one. I would say no to Francis on a boy but Frances on a girl would be fine. It all depends how the mom and dad are. For example, my aunt was very upset when her sister named her daughter Eleanor "Nora" a couple months after my aunt had my cousin Cora. My mom, however, said she would be fine if Eleanor went by Ellie (my sister's name, short for Eliana) instead. It all depends on the person. Another example, my sisters both like the name Opal. One says that if she names her daughter Opal first then it will be out of the question for the other one. However the other one says she'd name her daughter Opal no matter what. They're 7 and 12 so the chances that either of them will like the name Opal when they're actually having kids is slim though.

Would Lila and Leo be too close for siblings? They are my top 2 names at the moment.
    Last edited by sparkleninja18; February 7th, 2015 at 05:18 PM.
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

10 Year Challenge- Name Nerd Edition

Theresa | Jocelyn | Aspen | Kari | Chyna
    Cody | Cole

💜

@Sparkleninja- For me, they are too close. Too many similar sounds and I would mess them up/confused the names all the time. With my two bunnies, Luna and Lilou, I always mess up their names for each others, but not by calling them the wrong name, but by getting tongue twisted and making up some unholy combination of the two that makes no sense, my Fiance forever makes fun of me for it, it's been 3 years and I still mess it up, I could see myself doing something similar with Lila/Leo. Lila goes beautifully with your other boys names though! I would definitely keep Lila!

My Fiance and I have names that have been in the top 50 for quite awhile where we live, would it be weird if you met us and learned our baby was named something that isn't even in the top 500/1000?

{sleep wake hope and then}
    e.e cummings

TTC Our First
    Hoping on a Rainbow
    —————
    7w6d - 6w - 4w - 12w - 5w
    Patience - Opal - Hope - Haven - Wren
    Always with me.