Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I kind of agree with rkrd, Georgiana (Georgina) and Annabeth (Ann) honour family members, but I love those names anyway, and for different reasons so it's more coincidental. Those are pretty much all the variations on family names I like.
    Jam | Fangirl | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | 18 | Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    • Evanthe Georgiana Clio • Marigold Anna Hermione • Beatrix Sylvia Rosalind • Artemis Lyra Elizabeth •
    Caspian Sherlock Walter Pandora Valencia Fae
    • Ptolemy Lysander Albert | Horatio Phoenix Arthur | Nikolai Emrys Altair | Artemus Dorian Hugo •
    Mister Men CombosLittle Misses Combos
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."

Kazue (nn Kay)- maiden name (Kato), Bodhi (my nan was a devout Buddhist, and passed on many teachings to me, so Bodhi has special significance), Fay, Nanetta (I called her Nana), Agnes, Inez / Ines, Catherine, Kitty, Vesta, Zakia.

Charles (mn Peter, went solely by Peter)- Petra, Lotte (as in Charlotte), Charlie, Frankie, Francesca, Francisco, Francisca, Seneca, Piero.

Janet / Jeanette (not actually sure how she spells it. That's pretty bad, isn't it?)- Nettie, Jean, Johanna.

Thomas- Thomasina (also the title of the first book he gave me), Romelo, Kato (also honouring Nana), Linnea, Gemini, Okello, Remus.
    Mary Lucienne / Esther Mirabelle / Camellia Edie / Raphaela Mercy / Anouk Evangeline / Francesca Seraphim / Josephine Dove / Ida Annabelle / Shalom Odelia / Bethlehem Dominica / Lydia Tibeldie / Susanna Daisy / Jane Bloom / Willa Jessamine
    Amias Gardener / Moses Bellamy / Caspian Matthias / George Pello / Bertie Psalm / Quiller Andrew / Ezekiel Callahan / Nathaniel Charles

My grandmother's name is a Japanese name meaning spring child (Haruko), and I would honor her by using Aviva which means spring.

I intend on using the actual names, but another nice idea would be to use a concept or figure important to your honoree. For instance, my grandmother admires Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on a really deep level. If I were to use Franklin or Eleanor, I would be honoring her as well as the actual namesake. My great-grandfather grew orchids in a greenhouse as a hobby, and actually bred a new species, and my uncle named his boat the Orchid after that. (Not a child, but still.)
    Julia Catherine

history + Russian language student and lifelong name nerd

Mary|Catherine {Cat/Catlin}|Rose
    Eulalia, Louise, Anna, Aoife, Kira, Charlotte, Margaret, Nadezhda

Joseph {Joey}|Luke|Alexander {Sasha or Sander}
    Nathan, David, Francis, James, August, Ira, Eliot, Leo, Erik, Truitt, Felix

long | lists