Menu
  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,287

    Why do some posts need to be approved?

    This seems to be a pretty commonly asked question in this forum.

    What should you do if you get the "your post needs to be approved by a moderator" message?

    1. Don't take it personally - chances are, you didn't do anything wrong! This usually happens when you preview your posts, quote other users or post links, pictures or long lists of names.

    TIP: Instead of putting the link/picture in your original post, edit it in after the post is made.

    2. Please wait. We moderators check the list of posts awaiting moderation a couple of times a day, and yet we can't be online 24/7 so it may take some time for your post to be approved.

    3. If you want your thread approved ASAP or have any further questions, feel free to directly PM me or any other mod.
    syd altair + hamish dorian + jerome sirius +
    alec jethro + crispin ripley


    margot rosemyrtle + thora ingaret + orlaith tamsin +
    magali catarina + violet jessamine

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,174
    Thanks for this, @moonstone.

    Just to add, the other active mods you can PM with any issues are:

    @katinka
    @namefan
    @grackym
    @kibby
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,536
    Can I make a sticky thread about this in the games forum? Since some games rely on continuity between each post (e.g. elimination games) having to go back and redo lists after others have posted (or just posting that there has been a break) is a bit annoying as a moderator. If people saw it there to post about their problem or to PM a moderator that should help reduce such incidents (especially since a blocked post doesn't "bump" a thread until there has been someone who successfully posted, so if I'm looking at threads with new posts I won't see the moderation alert if the blocked post happened in a thread whose last successful reply was before I was last on).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by namefan View Post
    Can I make a sticky thread about this in the games forum? Since some games rely on continuity between each post (e.g. elimination games) having to go back and redo lists after others have posted (or just posting that there has been a break) is a bit annoying as a moderator. If people saw it there to post about their problem or to PM a moderator that should help reduce such incidents (especially since a blocked post doesn't "bump" a thread until there has been someone who successfully posted, so if I'm looking at threads with new posts I won't see the moderation alert if the blocked post happened in a thread whose last successful reply was before I was last on).
    Sure, go ahead!
    syd altair + hamish dorian + jerome sirius +
    alec jethro + crispin ripley


    margot rosemyrtle + thora ingaret + orlaith tamsin +
    magali catarina + violet jessamine

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,536
    @moonstone: I did that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    945
    Not sure why but I've had several moderated posts in the last week that haven't appeared yet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by choupette View Post
    Not sure why but I've had several moderated posts in the last week that haven't appeared yet.
    Do you know what threads they're in? If you can point to the threads and the forum(s) they're in I (or another moderator) can approve them. If someone else has successfully posted in the meantime it bumps the thread where I can see the moderation flag when looking at threads with new posts, but if no one else has then it's less likely I'd notice the flag. (If you're having problems with name games it would be helpful to post in the sticky there, especially for games like elimination ones where if a post is blocked it throws the game off.)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by namefan View Post
    Do you know what threads they're in? If you can point to the threads and the forum(s) they're in I (or another moderator) can approve them. If someone else has successfully posted in the meantime it bumps the thread where I can see the moderation flag when looking at threads with new posts, but if no one else has then it's less likely I'd notice the flag. (If you're having problems with name games it would be helpful to post in the sticky there, especially for games like elimination ones where if a post is blocked it throws the game off.)
    Thanks.

    https://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/286265-Lars
    https://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/286237-Let-s-try-this-again

    I remember it happening a few other times but I can't remember what the thread titles were. It wasn't baby name games though - it would probably have been in the first four forums.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,536
    @Choupette - I approved your posts in those threads you linked to.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    945
    Can someone please approve my post on this thread?

    https://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/290092-A-baby-name-tag

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •