Menu
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I am not sure if it has been mentioned, but Biren, Ronak or Rupak- I believe could be equally versatile and suit the multi-cultural need.
    But I too really like Rayan, that is my favorite

I have always liked the Indian name Amit -- it strikes me as very masculine, and is quite easy for any English-speaker to pronounce. But perhaps Amit is too popular?

I agree with the other member who like Rohen! You can't go wrong with it.

Here are some other suggestions. Most of them are not Indian, but I feel like they could work well in both cultures. Good luck!

Abram
    Alec
    Amit
    Ezra
    Grant
    Levi
    Luke
    Marcus
    Rahul
    Roman
    Victor*
    Zaheer
    Zeb (Or the full name, Zebulon)

My favorite is Victor. It is similar to Vikram, but not too close. It is also very strong and masculine -- and not overly popular.

Good luck! Be sure to announce your little one in the Namberry birth announcements when the time is right.

According to Nameberry, the name Amit has strong roots in both Hebrew and Sanskrit. He would be a true child of the world!

I have a Vikram - works well in both cultures and kiddos in preschool can pronounce. Am working on names for twin boys now, contenders are:

Arvind
    Arnav
    Niam ( I really like this one but wonder if it is too close to Liam?)
    Pranav
    Rahul
    Richi
    Rohan
    Sameer/Samir
    Tej

Congratulations and Best of luck!

Rohan
    Zaid/ Zayd

There are so many. I wouldn't worry too much as long as Americans can pronounce it easily and you really like it. Also you could name him a word, like River or Rain or something that is a good name but also a word from the culture you live in. I see people doing that, even naming their child for a word of something they love that they see while on vacation lol. Just another idea. But Indian names are lovely and so many sound and look like today's American names I'm sure you'll find a great one!

I don't know much about India or its names, but I think these are Indian--please don't be offended if I'm wrong!

Davi (nn for David)
    Aram