Maura and Cara too similar? Sibling girl name to go with Maura

We are on the hunt for girl names for baby girl number 2. Our first daughter is named Maura. We really love Cara (CARE-uh vs CAR-uh) but not sure if it's too close to Maura. Alice and Elise are also both on our list but secondary to Cara. Thoughts? Or other suggestions for girl names to go with Maura?
    Thanks!

I do find Cara a little similar to Maura, but that being said I think they are perfectly doable as sister names. Interestingly enough, I just read yesterday about sisters named Laura and Clara (on Swistle name blog), so obviously someone out there has used similar names and it seems to be working!
    One alternative that came to my mind was Carys, it's very similar to Cara and shares the same ending sound as Alice and Elise, might you like that one?
    Overall I do think you should stick with Cara if that's what you love best. If you were asking about Cora I'd say no, but Maura and Cara should work fine as siblings.
    Forrester North|Sky Remington|Brighton Fox|Arrow Jade|Indigo Bowman|Willoughby Adriel
    Araluen Jade|Willoughby Sapphire|Hespera Sky|Raina Zaffre|Alaska Eve|Astara Indigo|Aurora Blue||The one agreed on name, Dakota Star

Quote Originally Posted by columbiacharm View Post
    I do find Cara a little similar to Maura, but that being said I think they are perfectly doable as sister names. Interestingly enough, I just read yesterday about sisters named Laura and Clara (on Swistle name blog), so obviously someone out there has used similar names and it seems to be working!
    One alternative that came to my mind was Carys, it's very similar to Cara and shares the same ending sound as Alice and Elise, might you like that one?
    Overall I do think you should stick with Cara if that's what you love best. If you were asking about Cora I'd say no, but Maura and Cara should work fine as siblings.
    Thank you for your input! It's good to read an objective opinion on the two sound-alike names. Carys is a new one for me, I haven't come across is yet but it is very beautiful and I love the meaning! Thanks again!

I think Maura & Cara sound fine. They are maybe a little similar but not horribly, and they are both beautiful names in their own right.
    • Edmund Aurelius Jack •

William Rose ~ Magnus Amore ~ Otto Marius ~ Anthony Skye ~ Henry Knox

• Charlotte Aurelia Joy •

Lucia Winter ~ Frances Emilia ~ Sophie Matilda