Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strong maybes

Strong maybes

I really want the first name to be a short, two syllable name. I've come across these names and I can't decide if I love them or not. Any other ideas ?

Greta
    Calla
    Lila
    Lena
    Bridget
    Gemma
    Della
    Thea
    Tessa
    Noa
    Freya
    Reina
    Clara

Marta
    Lucia - loo-sha instead of Lu-chee-ah
    Lydia
    Nadia
    Piper
    Rowan
    Sloane - not really 2 syllable, but I think it works
    Sybil
    Sylvia - 3 syllable, but again I think it works
    Tamzin
    Ivy

By the way, I really love most of the names on your list. Well done!
    Just a twenty-something obsessed with names

Lads:
    Owen, Arthur and Henry

Ladies:
    Catherine, Madeline and Justine

Girls-Sophie-Madeleine-Charlotte-Eleanor-Claire-Laura
    Boys-Owen-Miles-Charlie-Harry-James

Margot, Adele, Jane & Arthur, Felix, Simon

Greta - very sweet, but it also still feels quite old-fashioned to me. I wouldn't be opposed to meeting a little Greta, though.
    Calla - I saw this and just swooned! I didn't used to care for it, but I've really grown to love Calla lately. She's so sweet and naturally beautiful!
    Lila - love! If I didn't have a cousin with the name, it'd probably still be on my list.
    Lena - love this, as well! I've been thinking about using Eleanor nn Lena, which a bit more of my style.
    Bridget - sweet, I suppose, but I couldn't ever get into it. I love the nn Bridie, though!
    Gemma - sweet and a bit fiery all at once. I'd love to meet a Gemma!
    Della - I like the sound (mainly because I love most Ella names!), but I don't like the look of it. I keep misreading it as Dallas, or Dell, which just reminds me of the computer company.
    Thea - okay, but I never really LOVED it. I like Anthea or Althea much more.
    Tessa - I like Tessa, but LOVE just Tess.
    Noa - I've really come to appreciate it, but I wouldn't use it, most likely, because I love Noah so much for a boy.
    Freya - one name that caught on in Britain that I'm glad hasn't caught on here. I just don't see the appeal of it at all, and I feel like I'd be annoyed at its popularity if I heard it a lot.
    Reina - I'm torn here. I watch a show with a bad Reina in it, but the little girl I sponsor in Peru, her mom's name is Reina, so that's a good association for me. I think it has a lovely look and sound, though, and would be happy to meet a little Reina.
    Clara - I really like it, but I'm picky where I like it. I think I prefer Claire for a FN, but I do really love Clara, too. I love Anna Clara and Eva Clara as double-barrels, too.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Kekoa Alexander Jack "Koa"Audrey Cosima JaneJack Gulliver EzraAdele Sofia Eloise
    Eleni Charlotte Jane "Leni"Samuel Gaspard JohnAurora Kaia ElisabethReef Benjamin Elias
    Flynn MessalaLillian CamelliaKainoa BenjaminAdelaide Mercy "Daisy"
    Claire AmaliaBailey AmiasEsme GeorginaCaleb Giovanni

I'm writing a story--join me! here