View Poll Results: Casper, Caspar or Caspian?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casper

3 6.98%
  • Caspar

8 18.60%
  • Caspian

32 74.42%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casper, Caspar or Caspian - which is your favourite and why?

Casper, Caspar or Caspian - which is your favourite and why?
    Do you think a Caspar/Casper would be dogged with 'Casper the Friendly Ghost' references? Would Caspian be dogged with Narnia references?
    Thanks in advance!
    Jemima

twenty-one | law student

* Beatrix * Nell * Penelope * Felicity * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Oscar *

I love all three! But I think Caspian marginally wins. I'm sure they would get occasional friendly ghost or Narnia comments but I'd still use them personally!
    Arthur | Bartholomew | Elias | Ephraim | Ernest | Ferris | Isidore | Phineas | Roland | Rupert | Ted | Victor

August | Brenna | Eliza | Evanthe | Esmeralda | Freda | Ivy | Mara | Marceline | Matilda | Trudy | Winifred

I like them all but my vote goes to Caspian. I'm a Jasper girl.
    Calla Frances | Eliza Wren | Esme Clover | Liv Cordelia | Maisie Elowen | Matilda Hazel | Phoebe Kerensa | Sylvie Marigold | Thea Rosemary | Zara Emmeline
    Amias Jude | Callum Jasper | Cato Benjamin | Emmett Wilder | Griffin Emrys | Lucian Mateo | Milo Sebastian | Nathaniel Winter | Quentin Rafferty | Theo Francis Wolf

I love both Caspar and Caspian! (Consequently, also the German Kaspar, the French Gaspard--although Caspar is French, too--the Italian/Spanish Gaspar, the Dutch/Danish Kasper... I basically just adore it in general!)

I have both Gaspard and Caspian on my list as middles (Samuel Gaspard John and Zane Alexander Caspian), so I feel like maybe I really shouldn't pick, haha, and I love the associations to both (the Magi, not the friendly ghost), but Caspian has more of the sort of feel I like. Caspar to me, while I love it, has these muted colors, like sage green and khaki brown and mauve pink--not bad, but I just like the bright greens and pinks and yellows and the open sea and the utter feeling of honesty and goodness I get when I think of Caspian. While I'd consider using both up front, if it came down to it, I'd probably use Caspian before I'd use Caspar.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by emsky View Post
    I like them all but my vote goes to Caspian. I'm a Jasper girl.
    I agree, I prefer Jasper to Casper, and the friendly ghost connection feels stronger than the Narnia reference so I prefer Caspian. Especially with cute nn's like Cas and Cap
    Top Names: Benedict Calvin & Noelle Geneva
    Olivia/Livy : Darah/Bethel : Eve/Verity
    Eli/Solomon : Luke/Zane: Levi/Phineas
    Due in January!