Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kamille?

Kamille?

Hi all!

I came across someone the other day who's name was Kamille. He was probably in his late 20's and was from the Netherlands region I believe. I absolutely love this name on a male. Typically it feels so female, but it surprisingly just really works. Any thoughts on the name Kamille for a boy? Would you ever go with it, or is it too feminine?
    Last edited by persephonyhonora; February 18th, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

I don't like most K names, and I think the boy would have a hard life with such a name.

Kamille is all feminine to me. I love it on a girl. But I guess it's kind of like Emile which is a male name so I can see how it could work.
    Southern Belles:
    Alira Violet, Aurora Daisy, Calla Elizabeth, Celia Grace, Evangeline Ruby, Georgia Eloise, Lorelei Ivy, Magnolia Charlotte, Rosalie Eden, Serafina Lily

Handsome Gents:
    Abram Sawyer, Bennett Miles, Everett Foster, Ezra Carver, Grayson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Lincoln Valor, Marshall Sumner, Miles Langston

I can totally see it. Technically, Camille is a unisex name (I think of the fairly famous composer, Camille Saint-Saens), but I've found that so many people in America see Camille as feminine that I've never even tried to consider it on a boy. I LOVE the nn Cam for a boy, though, and I'm sure the right European guy could pull it off. I find it rather intriguing, actually.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Wasn't it spelled Kamil? The "lle" ending feels very feminine to me. I know two guys named Kamil, though. Both of them are from Muslim families.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire