Menu

Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    I am sooo tired! I am at work right now and I am taking my lunch break and all I want to do is nap, it is so hard to concentrate on doing anything.
    Mommy to

Apollo Allan (12/14')
    Atlas Thomas (5/18')

I am definitely planning on getting extra sleep instead of being stubborn and staying up late like I usually do. Does anyone have a list of foods you can't eat drawn up yet? I went out to sushi for my bday last night and I was SO SAD I could only have cooked things. That's going to be the hardest for me, because I love raw fish and we have been eating sushi once a week or so.

From the interwebs, I've come up with the following things to avoid:

Raw/undercooked fish, meat, and eggs (including raw dough)
    Smoked fish and meat products
    Fish with high levels of mercury, including shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish (golden or white snapper)
    Deli luncheon meats and hot dogs unless they have been cooked to steaming hot, including salami and other cured meats
    Any type of jerky
    Unasteurized dairy (I just found out that Trader Joe's "slicing brie" is pasteurized. Yay!)
    Raw sprouts or any unwashed produce, especially lettuce and cabbage
    Prepared salads or salad bar
    Unpasteurized or "fresh squeezed" juice
    Herbal Tea
    Alcohol

Limit:
    low-mercury seafood to 12oz. per week, including up to 6oz. of canned tuna
    caffeine to 12oz. per day

Anyone have any others they've found or been told by their doctor?
    Last edited by moonkai; February 18th, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Considerations for our next child's name: Cytheria, Caspian, Seraphina, Cyrus, Arcadia, Venture
    Middles: Beatrix, Dwyn, Jupiter, Violet, Zephyr, River, Willow

I haven't made a list, but I've been really careful about what I eat. No sushi devastates me. I had to order a burger the other day well - ugh. I usually go medium, but after some frantic googling I decided I better err on the side of caution. Cold cuts are causing more of a problem than I'd imagined, since we were at DH's aunt and uncle's home and they offered us some sandwiches to take with us on the road and my husband was like, "Oh, she's not much of a cold cuts person." Might as well just say that I have no soul. Gosh. The idea of hot lunch meats, though, makes me want to gag. Salad bar is going to be a killer, too. Sigh.
    Stellan / August / Nolan / Everett / Hollis / Rowan
    Maeve / Juniper / Marigold / Celeste / Marin / Margot
    / Jameson Lewis - October 2014 /
    / Rowan Asher - October 2018 /

lookingahead Guest
    I'm just doing what I did last time. Though all raw meat seems to make me gag...lovely. I didn't have morning sickness with Gabe, but this last week I've been finding that I get nauseous every time I get hungry. My boobs are killing me, and I realized today that one is sooo much bigger than the other with this whole enlarging. It's never been this pronounced before.

I'm crossing my fingers really hard that I don't get morning sickness too bad - my sister could barely keep anything down during all three of her pregnancies. I told my family about the positive test already - just mom, dad and sister, but when are you all planning on telling people? 12 weeks? 16? I'm thinking after my first ultrasound.
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Considerations for our next child's name: Cytheria, Caspian, Seraphina, Cyrus, Arcadia, Venture
    Middles: Beatrix, Dwyn, Jupiter, Violet, Zephyr, River, Willow

lookingahead Guest
    My sister knows and some of the people I work with, but the rest of our family will find out at 12 weeks.

I wouldn't go crazy about eliminating things, just be aware. The worst for me is wine and sushi. I'm sad about the no raw but maybe we'll go our for it and I'll get the cooked kind but I'm just avoiding it altogether for now. No soft cheese doesn't really bother me because I hate blue cheese and everything similar, and I did find a pasteurized brie so that's good. I'm also not really into lunch meat anyway because of the nitrates so I already avoid it. I wouldn't eliminate all herbal tea, some can be really good. Red rooibos for instance is naturally caffeine free and really good for pregnancy. I drink that, ginger tea (good for digestion and may help with morning sickness which luckily I don't have yet), and I have decaf green tea too. Dandelion root is also good and I find it helps ease constipation. Just look out for ingredients that's all.

We told our parents and siblings but no one else until 12-13 weeks. Vday was my mom's bday so I couldn't resist.
    Mommy to

Apollo Allan (12/14')
    Atlas Thomas (5/18')

So far only our parents, my sister, and grandmother know within the family. We told a couple of close friends in the area in case things went bad, I'd have some support (since our family is nowhere close to us, geographically). Oh, and I told my boss. We'll tell the rest of the family probably around 12 weeks, or maybe sometime after my next appointment if I can't wait that long haha.

As for my appointment today, it was so lame! Basically just filled out paperwork and had blood drawn. I didn't even see a doctor. Sigh. But my next appointment which is an ACTUAL appointment and not some class is on March 4th (so around 10 weeks). Ahhh I can't wait!

@July that stinks! I would think they would at least do an ultrasound. When I called my OB (who I love, she's definitely on the same page as I am), I was given 2 appts. My first will be on Mar 3 and it will just be the ultrasound and probably a blood draw and urine test. My 2nd appt is for Mar 10 and that is the one where I get to sit and talk to my doc. She's great because she's not like the typical American doctor that is impersonal, examines you for 2 min and leaves, my last annual she sat and talked to me for at least 30 min BEFORE that actual exam!
    Mommy to

Apollo Allan (12/14')
    Atlas Thomas (5/18')

@Katie, I'm jealous! Unfortunately military hospitals can be pretty impersonal... but hey, it's free? I guess that's the upside haha. I'm glad that at least all my bloodwork and urine sample was taken today so the results will be ready for the appointment!