Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you think of the name Nero?

A woman at my Antenatal class and she's about to have baby #3 and they are 100% going to call him Nero. Now, I actually like the name Nero if you ignore all the connotations, but I would never actually name a child that, I mean, it's just cruel. I mean, I guess it's kind of fitting, since there other son is named Scipio. I still think it would be a definite no-no for me though.

But what do you guys think? Would you ever considering naming a child Nero?

I think Nero is more familiar and usable than Scipio. At first glance, I thought it was Scorpio. Lol Nero is also on my long list, but I think it's a guilty pleasure more than anything else.
      Amory
    08/16/2015

Hannelore Moon . Esmeralda Poppy . Tillie Rune . Maisie Eluned
    Endymion Albert . Viggo Edmond . Omri Leo . Sutton Charles
    . . .

MAYBE: Sage Zephyrine - Boheme Isobel - Euphemia Eden -
    Thomasina Amelie

Eyvind Mars- Éire Johannes - Ambrose Adair -
    Maxwell Rainier

The fact that is sounds so much like zero makes me dislike it more than anything else. Though I must admit, it could potentially be a unique and likeable name for a boy to wear.

I like the name. In Italian it's the word for Black, so it has a dark quality to it (har har) but was also the name of en emperor, so for me it carries a little weight. I don't think it's a bad idea.
    Current Crushes
    femininum
    Azura, Adelaide, Charlotte, Imogen, Minerva, Ophelia, & Theodora
    masculinum
    Atticus, Cassio, Massimo, Oliver, Matteo, Theodore, Xanthus, Xavier

Absolutely not. It may have a cool sound, but I agree, it sounds like "zero" (but I love Hero as a GP, so I don't know why that would matter to me). I think my main issue was how terribly he treated Christians. I may not have a perfect understanding of history, but it was clear he had it out for the Christians at that time, and I wouldn't want to honor that type of negativity and hate, no matter how cool the guy's name might have been. I think it'd be really hard to wear, as well, but it does sort of have a cool sound. I do think that Scipio and Nero work pretty well together, though.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here