Results 1 to 5 of 15
Thread: Luca or Luka?
February 12th, 2014 05:56 PM #1
Luca or Luka?
I need your help figuring out which is the best spelling of one of my top boy names : Luka / Luca. It's important to mention that I'm French-Canadian.
- I believe this is possibly more popular in English since Luke is spelled with a K.
- The K, in my opinion, makes the name a bit more fun, maybe even cooler?
- In French, this is more popular since Luke in French is Luc.
- However, it is more often spelt Lucas where I'm from
- My issue with Lucas is that even if in French, Luka/Luca/Lucas are all pronounced the same (the S is silent), in English, Loo-kah becomes Loo-kiss when the S is added, and I don't want that.
- We live in a bilingual city/province/country so his name would be pronounced in English sometimes which pretty much makes Lucas unusable for us.
So, berries, what do you think? Which one would you use and why?
PS - Middle will be a family name. Nikolas, Maurice and Benoit are names we wish use. We are open to using variations such as Niklaus, Niko, Amaury, Maury, etc. but nothing that strays too far from the original names. Which one do you think would compliment it better / do you have any other ideas of variations? Our other top name (which is probably our first choice) is Sébastien which we would most likely use with a Nikolas variant (since the repeated K sound in Luka/Luca and Nikolas might be a bit much)
Anyways, sorry for the rambling, and thank you for reading!Mickie♣ Rose - Élise ♣
♣ Leo - Benoit - Luca ♣
February 12th, 2014 09:44 PM #3Current Crushes
Azura, Adelaide, Charlotte, Imogen, Minerva, Ophelia, & Theodora
Atticus, Cassio, Massimo, Oliver, Matteo, Theodore, Xanthus, Xavier
February 12th, 2014 11:12 PM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
February 12th, 2014 11:46 PM #7
I also vote for Luca!If I had a baby today, I'd name him or her…
Benjamin Lucas "Benji" or Susanna Risa "Sunny"
Andrew • Annabeth • Bram • Clare • Christopher • Ella • Daniel • Gwen • Ian • Iris • Jack • Ivy • James • Jane • Nathan • Laura • Owen • Mariella • Rory • Nora • Theodore • Quinn • Timothy • Wren
February 13th, 2014 01:25 AM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012