Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nora, Lucy, Olive, Edie & Louise - Who Stands Out To You The Most?

As you might have guessed, my current top 5 first names, are Nora, Lucy, Olive, Edie and Louise. I'm unsure as to which I love the most, so I'm a bit curious to see which of the 5 names stands out to you the most as the prettiest/nicest/best option of the 5 names.

Sooooo;

a) Nora
    b) Lucy
    c) Olive
    d) Edie (EE-dee)
    f) Louise

desirae alyssa ✿ stephanie abigail ✿ melissa jayde ✿ tiffany isabella ✿ lindsey olivia ✿ heather amelia ✿ shayla lily ✿ kelly christina
    aaron jacob ✿ michael james ✿ andrew lucas ✿ jake william ✿ chandler robert ✿ adam hunter ✿ matthew parker ✿ zachary daniel

The one that stands out to me is Edie, but only because I strongly dislike it. The others are very beautiful Nora and Lucy are my favorites. I also like the spelling Lucie!
    erin amelia
    Athena "Thea" Grace • Laurel Josephine • Charlotte Adventure • Maya Jade • Jessa Rue • Zoe Margot
    Blake Everett • Luke Jacob • Levi Bennet

Louise stands out, and then Olive.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Louise and Edie.

The others aren't me. I guess I see them all as dull Nameberry favourites. There's nothing wrong with the names themselves, though.
    Names warm my soul. Collecting Celtic-Anglo-Norse crossovers for now. Possibly usable;

Wilfred Alec - Emmett Kielder - Nicholas Iver ''Nils'' - Raphael Rune - Absalom Jack - Ossian Hugh - Arthur Eleseus

Rosemary Ebba - Isolde Per - Fenella Idunn - Sibyl Sunniva - Embla Beatrix - Thomasin Vesper - Tova Constance

Haha, I think I've been so drawn to Olive thanks to the silent film actress Olive Thomas. Her real life love story with Jack Pickford was so sweet, and then she, yanno died tragically because she accidentally drank mercury bichloride. But anyways, I never really adored it until recently. Actually, Louise is one I started liking thanks to silent film actresses...and Clara, I may have a pattern going here!

desirae alyssa ✿ stephanie abigail ✿ melissa jayde ✿ tiffany isabella ✿ lindsey olivia ✿ heather amelia ✿ shayla lily ✿ kelly christina
    aaron jacob ✿ michael james ✿ andrew lucas ✿ jake william ✿ chandler robert ✿ adam hunter ✿ matthew parker ✿ zachary daniel

Hmm, standout factor and prettiness are two different things. I would say Olive stands out the most for its spunk and uniqueness, but Lucy and Louise are probably the prettiest.
    g w e n

Viola Mireille Sancia Blue Cosima Vale Zara Fionnuala
    Dash Apollo Balthazar Jem Mars Auberon Kieran Adair

combo challenge: lo
    Marlowe Atlas ⋆ Arman Laszlo ⋆ Finlo Gawain ⋆ Kit Alonso ⋆ Shiloh Forrest
    Lowenna Violet ⋆ Elodie Camellia ⋆ Willow Isadora ⋆ Lourdes Amaia ⋆ Luna Salome
    v o t e

I love all those names, but Lucy definitely stands out to me! Such a happy, cheerful name, that always makes me smile. It also has a lovely meaning, "shining light"
    Walter Theodore
    March 2016

Edmund Ernest
    June 2018

Olive. I'm not a fan of Louise, but Lois is amazing.

Name Nerd, Professor, Anthropologist, INTP, Expat, Mom

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14
    &
    Caspian Kaveh 郑煜祺 '17

The Ones That Got Away
    Gentlemen: Raphael Bardia, Soren Aryo, Sidney Pasha, Tobias Rostam, Elias Bahram
    Ladies: Verity Azadeh, Artemisia Patrice, Aida Marguerite, Annora Laleh, Camellia Baran

Edie and Lucy I immensely dislike the other two I would really dislike to be named Olive its a fruit I much prefer Olivia
    Isobel | Eloise | Matilda | Lucia | Alice | Eleanor | Amelia | Felicity | Phoebe | Eilidh | Rosalia | Zoe | Azalea | Genevieve | Tallulah | Everleigh | Rebecca | Leila | Harper | Grace | Zara |
    ○●○
    Eamon | Hayes | Tiago | Cooper | Lawson | Archer | Lincoln | Asher | Alfie | Baxter | Taylor | Flynn | Lewis | Fletcher | Jack | Harley | Brooklyn | Regan | Oscar | Spencer |
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

Nora- Reminds me of Norah Jones, nothing wrong with that though, and it's a nice name.
    Lucy- Just don't really like it, I know way too many.
    Olive- I don't like olives, and it reminds me of those, but I suppose it's okay as a nn. But your story behind it clearly makes it more special to you.
    Edie- I think it's a great name, although I prefer it as a nn.
    Louise- I'm not sure, I'm a bit neutral about this one.
    I think Lucy and Olive stand out, as the others are used less, and, to me, sound more classic. I know an Olivia (my age) who sometimes goes by Olive, and Olivia is very popular at the moment, which is why I think it could be used more (even if not as a given name).
    Jam|21|Fangirl|Budding bioarchaeologist?|All bi myself hehe|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Valkyrie ClioPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Arthur • Nikolai Emrys • Prosper Kit • Ephraim Atticus • Cedrick Hugo • Ambrose Sage
    Evanthe Cherry • Zenobia Sahar • Morgana Hermione • Marigold Lyra • Lavender Athena • Calista Autumn
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.”