Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater...

Let's talk about Peter.

He's a longtime favorite of mine, and I love how he's curious and mischievous and yet proper on a little boy, but kind and gentlemanly and down-to-earth on a grown man. He was one of my first favorite boys' names (if not THE first favorite boys' name I ever had), and I know I know I really love him. I even feel like he goes with the rest of my list reasonably well (particularly Everett, Jack, Declan, Grant, and Daniel). I'm pretty sure I even know where most Berries stand on him. I guess I'm just torn as to whether or not I really want to add him to my list again. I love the ties--Peter Pevensie, the Apostle Peter, Peter Rabbit... and I love that he's timeless. But am I ready to commit? Do I really love him? That's my dilemma, I think.

WDYT? Where do you Berries stand on Peter? And while we're at it--combo ideas?
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I can’t use Peter, but it’s a name that’s grown on me. Classic but don’t commonly heard today, and Pete is a great nickname.
    TTC 2017

Alice, Blair, Blythe, Claire, Elizabeth, Evelyn, Fleur, Grace, Isobel, Madeline, Rosamund

Elliott, Elroy, Everett, Ezra, Henry, James, Malachi, Nathaniel, Theodore

Peter is so dapper. As you said, a very timeless name. It's very elegant as well.

Combinations (one or two middles?):
    Peter Absalon
    Peter Antony
    Peter Aurvandil
    Peter Charles
    Peter Helios
    Peter Henry
    Peter Jeremy
    Peter Lysander
    Peter Peregrine
    Peter Valentin
    Zelia • 20s • Exporting names from Greenland & Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Lórien • Alexander Adelin Pemba "Sasha" • Aksel Atticus Ivik • Oscar Edmund Igaluk
    Nor Valdemar Oisín • Asa Bjørnstjerne Dante • Marcel Endymion Theo • Vincent Akiva Lysander

Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Asta Ivalo Galadriel • Aviaaja Catherine Françoise "Avi" • Evelyn Brontë Cleopatra "Evie"
    Olga Alvaret Lúthien • Noor Dagmar Evangeline • Edith Faraday Thérèse "Edie" • Eleonora Gry Patricia "Ellen"

I love Peter. It sounds super classy as a grown man. Also makes me think of Peter Pan.

I can't use Peter because of Spiderman, and I honestly hated the movies that much! Lol, but it's a great name. Its darling on little toddlers. Id love to meet a little Peter, maybe I could like it more!