Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: -ia names!

Oh lordy-lou I’m totally obsessed with -ia names and really had to reprimand myself while compiling my top list to not only use -ia names.

Here are some of my favorites:
    Aurelia, Gaia, Honoria, Hortensia Illyria, Noreia, Ofelia/Ophelia, Petunia, Sofia/Sophia, Valencia, Wisteria and Zenobia
    Little Lorelei - May 2016
    Endora - Freya - Merida - Viola - Zelda
    Dexter - Felix - Gideon - Hendrik - Victor

I also like a lot of -ia names, especially Cassia, Jesenia, Junia, and Zinnia.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

And now introducing Bear! ----->
    O___O
    (*.-.*) <Hunny hunny nom nom <3)
    (”| |“)
    (””|““)

I also LOVE so many -ia names. Avia is an absolute favourite of mine. A beautiful, unique spin off Ava.

I love how -ia names can be your popular, pretty names like Olivia or Sophia and your classic names like Petunia or Sylvia. But then they can also put a spin on some old favourites like Cassandra to Cassia or June to Junia. It turns already beautiful names into something a bit more modern and interesting.
    Avia ♥ Annabelle ♥ Grace ♥ Thea ♥ Leah ♥ Eden

Jacob • Noah • Joseph • Hugo • Emerson • Jasper

Falling in love with so many others. . .

Oh my, I love so many -ia names! Cordelia, Victoria, and Portia are among my favourite names (in my signature). I also love- though not quite enough to use- Aurelia, Arcadia, Eugenia, Eulalia, Cambria, Caledonia, Berengaria, Olivia, Celia/Cecelia, Titania, Tatiana, Anastasia, Natalya (I prefer this to Natalia but same sound), Illyria, Antonia... so many more... I love the sound of Ophelia but hated her character, I found her far too passive and submissive, so I wouldn't use it.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Oliver, Darcy, Orlando

I knew I was forgetting so many good ones! Cordelia, Portia, Ambrosia (!!!!! I met a little girl named Ambrosia at my old job--can I say: cutest. kid. ever! I think Ambrosia nn Rosie is just the cutest!), Julia (how in the world did I forget this?!), Xenia (not sure about the look, but I loved the teenager on the first season of The Voice--I think it was spelled the same; prn. SEN-ya. I think it's so breathy and gorgeous!), Wisteria, Georgia, Cecilia... I knew I was forgetting a crap-load!

I have found that I rarely add them to my list (Olivia and Julia are the only ones I've used up front on my short list at any period in time--Lydia and Ophelia are middles for me right now; I've considered Sylvia and Emilia quite seriously, though), but I find that I always seem to swoon over the -ia names! Aurelia, Emilia, Sylvia, and Ophelia, in particular. le sigh. They're just so gorgeous! I'd love to hear more, if anyone has any that hasn't been mentioned!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here