Menu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I did both the incorrect and correct pronunciation of Alaric. I also did both pronunciations of Lucian. I'm not sure of the pronunciation of Gwydion.

https://soundcloud.com/nameberrynames/ikfly-at-new-york

Zara Johannes | Henrik Matthias | Idris Arthur | Viktor/Philip Emmanuel | Alexis Rafael | Aleksandr Kamil | Emmanuel Henrik | Benjamin/John Hazel| | Vivian Arthur | Julian Aleksandr

Lydia Katarzyna | Talia Beatrycze | Naima Beatriz | Helen Theodosia | Lois Katherine | Regina Simone | Rebekah Inez | Vivian Odette | Martha Winifred | Diana Margaret | Laura Felicity | Elisabeth Camille

Hey there! Check out this fb group for extra naming help! This one is good for talk on cultural names!

I'm going to make a long list and pronounce everything in the suggestions page :P Now maybe when I say "I say it with a sort of soft barely there...etc" I can record it!

https://soundcloud.com/nameberrynames/dantea-arkansas

And I uploaded the pronunciations of all my favorites names because I want them pronounced by other people.

https://soundcloud.com/nameberrynames/dantea-arkansas-2
    http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Blackwood/e/B00SARZLFY -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Amelia Lorien Sophia -- December 2015.

- Favorites -
    Briar . Ginevra . Hallie . Hazel . Lilia . Lilith . Lorelei . Noelle . Willow . Winter
    Cian . Ciaran . Elias . Evren . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Rowan . Torin

- Mommy to Foster Grey born May 24, 2015 & Winter Lorelei born February 19, 2018 -

renrose Guest
    I've put up Dantea's favourites, the master list without Dantea's names and Gwyddien. I'm not a native Welsh speaker but I did my best according to what my Welsh friend told me about the alphabet. I also used the modern Welsh spelling as it gave me a better idea of how to pronounce the middle.

Haley's names are up now too.
    Last edited by renrose; January 10th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

Yay! Sticky. I came straight here when logging in. This may become my new favorite section of NB. I think it's something that's really been lacking in NB. I have the hardest time figuring out what people mean when they try and spell out their pronunciation of a name. Going to have a listen. Especially curious about Gwydion from you Ren. We'll be pronouncing it sort of like Damien and Caspian.

Edit:
    Hmm, was going to record mine, but I say all those names almost exactly like all the recordings. I can hardly hear yours, Ren, had to turn my speakers up all the way. I hear two different pronunciations for Alaric, Apollonia and Lucian, but all the others so far sound about the same. Interesting. I didn't hear anyone tackling Arianwen and Ceridwen! Maybe I'll just record the ones that have different pronunciations so far so berries know how they'll most likely be said in California.

Edit 2:
    okay, I went ahead and did the following. *Click*

Alaric
    Apollonia
    Arianwen
    Arthur
    Caroline
    Ceridwen
    Charles
    Clara
    Gwydion
    Louisa/Louise
    Lucian
    Lyra
    Sarah
    Last edited by redwoodfey; January 10th, 2014 at 09:13 PM.
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow | Evadne Snow | Felicity Astra Wildrose | Gwenna Moon | Lorelei Ondine | Octavia Eowyn Sol
    Pandora Willow Isolde | Petra Leocadia Silver | Sunniva Adar Rhiannon | Thisbe Wildrose

Caspian Wilder | Damian Sparrow | Evander Thorn | Everett Lyle Ward
    Ezra Balthasar | Gwydion Alaric Hart | Konrad Peregrine Llyr | Malachi Tristan Bjorn | Phineas Robin Blaise | Theodore Winter