Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solace?

Solace?

I met a girl through my boarding school program named Solace. I was so surprised by her name that I asked her to repeat and spell it, before realizing that it was basically like the word. Solace: comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness.
    You guys like it?

~Sky
    Skylar
    A teenberry in boarding school and dreaming of names...
    {Zephyr Teresa} {Pax Maruche}
    {Tavian} {Atlas} {Zephyr}

dramagrl19 Guest
    I love Solace! It is one of my ultimate GPs. My mom has a student in her class named Solace this year and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name (and the girl is a cutie ).

Solace is strangely appealing in all its pure hippie awesomeness form. A little too out there for me personally to use, but I think it's a great name.
    Catalina || 18 || College Student

Girls: Augusta || Bryony || Caroline || Elizabeth || Katherine || Margaret || Rosemary || Ruth
    Boys: Adrian || August || Bennett || Elliott || Ezra || Foster || Joel || Lowe || Porter || Weston

The weirdest part was, she was a first generation West African-American (like myself) and West Africans tend to stick with classics like Elizabeth and Victoria. And here I thought my name (Skylar) was daring for an African!
    Skylar
    A teenberry in boarding school and dreaming of names...
    {Zephyr Teresa} {Pax Maruche}
    {Tavian} {Atlas} {Zephyr}

Solace is nice, but a bit hippyish for my taste. I prefer Solange, Solenne or Soleil.