Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    dramagrl19 Guest

Angry Can I rant really quickly?

I need to get this off my chest…

Whenever I bring up one of my favorite "cutesy" names to certain Berries, like Josie, Lola, Ellie, etc., I always get the reaction (these are real reactions said to me by real Berries) "Oh, that's too cutesy for a future world-class lawyer" or my favorite, "That name will never be president!". Names don't define you -- you define them! I have made this point many times before, but here it is again: you don't have to be Elizabeth Marie to be a successful human being. I bet my head that there are strippers out there named Charlotte Rose and lawyers out there named Sparkal Queenz! How many times do I have to say this…NAMES DON'T AFFECT A PERSON'S FUTURE!

Don't get me wrong -- I am not justifying parents naming their children M'Alleigh, Kharyzzmah, etc.. That's just cruel. I recognize that stupid and cutesy names are two different things. But understand me when I say that little Mikkiynzy can be WHATEVER she wants to be. When people make those remarks like, "That's not a name for a future doctor!" that's just wrong. That is like saying even if you have a stupid name, you can't be successful. NOT TRUE!

And names are soooooo subjective. What one might view as stupid, another may view as a beautiful name with meaning. Bottom line: no matter what your name is, you can be successful in life.

DISCLAIMER: This is not directed at anyone in particular, nor am I trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to get my personal thoughts out there

I totally agree. While I despise trendy messy names (nickname names like Josie I don't find a big deal), I've always known that at the end of the day, a name is just that - a name. It won't affect one's success, health, popularity, happiness, talent, intelligence, or likability as a person. McKinseliza could be the next Oprah, and Imogen could live in a cardboard box on the streets of Detroit.
    ~*~**~*Larissa~*~**~*

Amaryllis * Holiday * Cordelia * Waverly * Seraphina * Calliope * Olympia * Zephyrine * Genevieve * Marguerite

Phineas * Caspian * Orlando * Florian * Sullivan * Laszlo * Thaddeus * Virgil * Ozias * Ambrose

Quote Originally Posted by larkub101 View Post
    I totally agree. While I despise trendy messy names (nickname names like Josie I don't find a big deal), I've always known that at the end of the day, a name is just that - a name. It won't affect one's success, health, popularity, happiness, talent, intelligence, or likability as a person. McKinseliza could be the next Oprah, and Imogen could live in a cardboard box on the streets of Detroit.
    Totally agree with this

100% agree
    - Favorites -
    Briar . Ginevra . Hallie . Hazel . Lilia . Lilith . Lorelei . Noelle . Willow . Winter
    Cian . Ciaran . Elias . Evren . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Rowan . Torin

- Mommy to Foster Grey born May 24, 2015 & Winter Lorelei due February 28, 2018 -

I agree, I like Jamie and Finley for a boy, but I know they're likely in the 'cutesy' zone. I also like Millie for a little girl, but because I have a serious confidence issue, and the comments from others in the past about how cutesy it is have deterred me from it. Look at it this way:

A girl I went to school with (so she's about 18-19) named her daughter Lowla. Lola with a W. She didn't get nasty comments or hate, so I think Lola is just fine :-)

PS; I love the name Josie

desirae alyssa ✿ stephanie abigail ✿ melissa jayde ✿ tiffany isabella ✿ lindsey olivia ✿ heather amelia ✿ shayla lily ✿ kelly christina
    aaron jacob ✿ michael james ✿ andrew lucas ✿ jake william ✿ chandler robert ✿ adam hunter ✿ matthew parker ✿ zachary daniel