Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Narrowing down to top 5

Girls names feels so much easier this time around. We would very much appreciate your help with narrowing our boys list down to a top 5 (5-ish).

This is our list, with some questions and thoughts from us.

Alexander - is it boring? And does it fit in with our other childrens names?
    Henry - a solid classic, but maybe it's too classical?
    Lucas
    Felix
    Frederick - is hee doomed to be a Freddie among others? I like Freddie, I just think it's a shame to let Frederick get 'lost in translation'.
    Patrick - does it sound okay with our surname, Knight?
    Maxwell
    Jonathan - does it fit in, or does it have a different kind of vibe?
    Robin - Too informal? We live in the UK, so the gender would be pretty clear
    Casper - too ghostly? And maybe childish?
    Arthur - Does it sounds ridiculous with surname Knight? Arthur Knight?

How would your top 5 look like?

Thank you.
    -Rosemary
    Mama to Edward ('02), Adelaide ('05), Isaac ('06), Oliver ('10), twins Sebastian & Eleanor ('11) and Felix ('14)

Not expecting, just having fun collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 24 years old and I have been a proud name nerd since I was 10.

Ladies: Juliet Elaine, Madeleine Audrey, Emilia Noelle, Lydia Caris, Elodie Katherine, Carys Emily, Victoria Elise

Gentlemen: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Jay, Roman/Rowan Gabriel, Evan Parker, Elliott Jude, Dawson Cole, Jude/Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Nehemiah, Everett Jacob

Really loving Henry and Casper! Although I prefer the Caspar spelling, or even the Kaspar/Kasper ones (something about Casper just doesn't sit right with me, for some reason...) To round out the five, I would add Felix, Frederick (Freddie's adorable. I'm just the opposite--I'd go for Frederick just to get to Freddie; plus, my beloved Jane Austen connection with Persuasion!), and Patrick, I think. Although I could be convinced for Alexander; I do like that a lot, as well, and I love his nicknames.

Now I'm insanely jealous--what does your girls' list look like? I remember you had tossed around Emmeline a while ago, and I still really loved that with your other ones.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Ok--keepers to go with Edward, Isaac, Oliver, Sebastian:

Alexander
    Henry
    Felix
    Maxwell
    Arthur
    Patrick

That was pretty easy actually. I find Frederick/Freddie too similar to Edward/Ed/Eddie/Ned; Jonathan too similar to Sebastian; Lucas too similar to Isaac; Casper too non-traditional; Robin just don't like; I added Patrick back as a 6th. I guess Alexander and Arthur share an ending with Oliver, but that doesn't bother me enough to be eliminated. My faves tho are Henry, Felix and Maxwell.