Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I knew I was forgetting a name. I forgot about Ziva. The character on NCIS made me love the name so much I'm considering it as a middle name.
    Thoughts in this thread?

Jasper Samuel Orion | Henrik Matthias Reid
    Lydia Primrose | Diana Cataleya (Leya) | Mattea Glory (Tea) | Beatrix Illyria |

Cora | Gemma |Adalind | Arya
    Remy | Peter | Alaric | Elijah

Charmed(my all time favorite)
    Piper-She was my favorite character and it made me love her name.
    Prue-Love love love this but can't find a longer name the I like.
    Phoebe-I love Alyssa Milano and she made me like this name even though I'm not a fan of it.
    Paige-I've known a lot but it still makes me smile.
    Leo-This was actually my grandfathers name and is one of my uncles, I never thought about it too much but after seeing it here it is one of my favorites.
    Wyatt-another favorite due to the show.

Stargate Atlantis
    Ronon-lead my to Ronan.

Firefly
    Malcolm
    Inara

Haven
    Haven
    Audrey
    Duke
    Nathan

The walking dead
    Hershel
    Glenn
    Daryl
    My little man O.P. arrived June 2015
    My sweet baby girl A.V. arrived June 2017
    Maeve Noelle-Violet Anneliese-Arianne Lily-Zoe Annabel-Gwen Emilia-Elena Odette-Caroline Mae-Ella Paige-Eve-Maren-Sophie-Rose-Nora

Finn Jameson-Jack Emerson-Emmett Parker-Miles Alden-Henry Dean-Archer Daniel-Rhys Everett-Brennan Oliver-Cody James-Harrison Fox

Yay for the Merlin love! I agree that I loved a lot of Arthurian names even more after that programme, especially Guinevere, Morgana, Emrys & Arthur.

The West Wing:
    Donna
    Claudia
    Joshua/Josh
    Samuel/Sam
    Josiah
    Tobias/Toby
    Leo

Doctor Who:
    Rose (especially as a nn)
    Amelia (also made me like my name a bit more )
    River
    Rory

I would add Clara but I loved that previously and the character hasn't had much effect on the name for me yet.

Downton Abbey:
    Mary
    Sybil
    Edith
    Cora
    Matthew

Frasier:
    Rosalinda/Roz
    Daphne
    Niles
    Martin/Marty

Friends:
    Monica
    Phoebe
    Chandler
    Joseph/Joey

I think most of these are just because I love the characters so much, maybe with the exception of Tobias, Leo, Rose, Rory , Sybil, Edith and Joseph.

ETA: I could also list many more names that have been ruined for me by TV shows.
    Last edited by morganalefaye; November 9th, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Gwendolen & Jerome & Rosenwyn & Nikolai

Seasonal lovelies
    Demelza Clove . Jorah Dunstan . Cerelia Autumn . Rupert Garrick . Hesper Scarlett .
    Nashua Rowan . Cassia Hecate . Jasper Gwydion . Rowena Aspen . Reid Septimus

The only name that I started to think about because of a TV show is Chance, from Human Target.
    Apollo Allan (12-9-14)

Expecting #2 in May

Oh gosh, so many of the names Husband and I love are somehow connected to TV shows and movies...

--River comes from River Tam (Firefly) and River Song (Doctor Who).
    --Malachi is a nod to Malcolm Reynolds (also Firefly).
    --Alice references Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and Alice Abernathy (Resident Evil movies).
    --Willow is Willow Rosenberg from Buffy.
    --Pearl isn't actually referencing the Vampire Diaries, per se, but I fell in love with the name after hearing it used on a real person.
    --Lucia is from Lucy of The Chronicles of Narnia (although more from the books than the movies)
    --Caspian is from the same, although our selected nickname Cas is a Castiel reference (Supernatural).
    --Eve nn Evie is Evelyn O'Connell (The Mummy) as well as Evey Hammond (V for Vendetta).
    --Sparrow is of course, Captain Jack (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    --Ender is from Ender's Game (for Husband it was the books that got him hooked on the name, but I saw the movie first).
    --Balthazar is a multi-layered reference, but one of those references is the sexy angel from Supernatural.
    --Eli, which we are currently considering as our Caspian middle, is from Stargate Universe.

Other names I've loved from shows/movies: Echo (Dollhouse), Alaric/Elijah (TVD), Winchester (Supernatural, duh), Inara/Shepherd/Serenity/Firefly (Firefly), Snow (Once Upon a Time), Clary (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones), Phoebe (Charmed), Sebastian (Black Butler), Stark (Iron Man), Clara/Rose/Amelia (Doctor Who...although Amelia is one I really wanted to love because of the character and because of the Doctor's comment that Amelia Pond is "a fairytale name"...and I just couldn't get past this one person I knew who ruined the name for me), Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin...my fictional hero!) . . . . . seriously, the list just goes forever! Clearly I watch too much TV >_>
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu