Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eilidh

Eilidh

I love Eilidh (ay-lee) but I live in the states, there might be issues with spelling and pronunciation.

"A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
    Jack Rowan AugustPiers Lachlan WilderCharlie Everett GrayHenry Oliver Birch
    Lily Anne VesperSophie Jane MagnoliaEliza Margaret Birdie

<3 heart my son <3
    _________

The pronunciation will be butchered in the US. It's not a complicated pronunciation, but I don't think people will read Eilidh as ay-lee. If you really love it I would keep it for a middle name.
    Last edited by ikfly; November 8th, 2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Thoughts in this thread?

Jasper Samuel Orion | Henrik Matthias Reid
    Lydia Primrose | Diana Cataleya (Leya) | Mattea Glory (Tea) | Beatrix Illyria |

Cora | Gemma |Adalind | Arya
    Remy | Peter | Alaric | Elijah

Im from Australia and at a glance i thought the name was pronounced similar to Edith but with an L... like Elidith... or Eli-ith... yeah it'll get butchered- is there other accepted spelling variations? otherwise i like the sound and look of the name.

baby bear Freya Ivy
    expecting baby boy in October

Considering
    Eliza, Ziva, Willow, Eve, Inara, Dawn, Indigo, Iris. Sebastian, Rowan, Finn, Callum.

I'm not usually a fan of changing spellings to accommodate a different nationality, but what about Eili? It's only taking off the last two letters, not butchering the spelling entirely. I did know how to pronounce it but that's only because I had seen it before, and I definitely think she'd have a lot of problems with her name being spelled wrong.

It is a nice name but it would be problematic here. . I think most people would assume that is similar to Edith.
    Raquel-23 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Rose Caroline, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter, Marina Adelaide, Emmeline Margot, Alice Primrose,Annabel Frances, Catherine Isabella, Vivienne Lucille
    Gentlemen: Frederick Arthur Louis, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett, Edmund Tobias, Asher Benjamin, and James Raphael