View Poll Results: Which makes the best Ari?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ariella Ruth

21 31.82%
  • Arielle Ruth

25 37.88%
  • Arianna Ruth

20 30.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post
    May I suggests Ariana? I adore Ariana - and pronounce it differently to Arianna (AriAHna as opposed to AriANNa)
    They're all lovely though - you can't go wrong! Best of luck.
    Interesting. I usually pronounce both Arianna and Ariana as ah-ree-ah-nah. It didn't even occur to me people would say Anna, like banana, though I guess it should have. I find the visual aesthetic of the double-n spelling more pleasing, but it wouldn't be worth confusion over the pronunciation. Thank you!
    1 amazing son: Theodore Isaac
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Every time I start to feel a little better about using one of these (and thank you to everyone who has helped ease my mind)…

I just reviewed their entries on Nameberry. Before I really worry, does anyone know for sure how they get the suggestions for "People who like this name also like…"? I am assuming that it's based on tacking the same users' searches? Or is it less data-driven than that? Regardless, I am troubled by the some of the suggestions for Ariella and Arielle especially - Jazlynn, Majesty, Bo, Jones, Ziggy - these are exactly the type of names I think are so awful. I love the idea of a little lioness daughter called Ari who has a lovely, feminine, sophisticated formal name to fall back on. But maybe it just isn't possible.
    1 amazing son: Theodore Isaac
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I like Arianna (Ariana) best, but if you're not as thrilled by it as the other options, Ariella is my second favorite. I like the frilliness, the sweetness of it. I think that since names are diversifying so much, if it's not classic, some people (myself included, sometimes!) worry that it won't age well. I still feel like it ages well, though, and I can see a judge named Ariella. The person makes the name, not the other way around.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I know plenty of grown up Ariella's (all Jewish, like me.) They have no problem with their names. It has a nice flow, it's soft sounding (ah-ree-EL-ah), and I've never heard of it sounding like a made-up name. In fact I have a few friends and a student named Arielle also, and it also suits them very nicely. I'm less into Arianna, although I've had friends and students with that name too.

In terms of flow, I like Ariella Ruth best.

I love the nn Ari! Are you opposed to just using Ari?

It sounds like you want a Hebrew name. But you are open to names that are not of Hebrew origin? I can't tell if you love the names you posted.
    What about

Arabella
    Aria
    Araminta
    Aura
    Aurora
    Araceli
    Aira
    Proud Mama to Serena Genevieve
    Expecting Twin Boys Summer 2014

Girls: Poppy, Georgiana, Claudia, Franny, Brighton
    Boys:James, August, River, Leo, Weston, Dylan, Cal, Harrison, Beck