Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Veronica for a girl. Wenceslaus for a boy. (I'm Czech-American. Good King Wenceslaus! However, I would never name a child Wenceslaus. Maybe a middle name?)

I love Veronica, but I don't know if it would go well with my 10-letter surname that is now German after marriage.

@bibliophile
    I'm more of a fan of angel names than saints (I'm not Catholic), but upon some brief research here's my list (I tried to include names that I hadn't heard before or didn't have other connotations for me, as many are very familiar and not distinctly saintly)
    Thanks! Angel names are welcome too, I should have put that in the description. Love: Adelaide (didn't know she was a saint), Aurelia, Colette (love this), Hermione(didn't know she was a saint either), Marcella, Rosalie, Valentina, Felix, & Frederick.

@augusta_lee
    Jude Thaddeus is definitely my all-time favorite combo. Stella Maris, one of the names of the Virgin Mary, is staggeringly gorgeous.
    Love Jude. Stella is my grandmother's name, and I never considered it before. It's a nice connection. Love a lot of your names, I hadn't heard of a lot of them. Valentine is one of my GPs. Amadore was awesome and I like Sinclair (though I think I would use it for a character rather than a real person)

@stripedsocks: I love a lot of the names you mentioned. Dominic needs a come back and Isidora is one of my favorites.

@chrisco: Zoe is my absolute favorite name (its the name of a very close family friend of mine). I didn't know Gemma was a saint, so I will look into that, because its growing on me.

@loislane1222: I love Veronica too! I think its different without being too crazy and ages well.

Thanks for all your suggestions!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Ariadne | Calliope | Eulalie | Georgiana | Marta | Cecily | Hermione | Jane | Isabel | Petra |

| Linus | Jonas | Basil | Jude | Augustine | Jasper | Thomas | Ezra | Gus | Augustus |

Pondering: | Artemisia | Diana |

Have a fabulous day!

Ooh! If angel names are welcome, I've got a good healthy list (most all of these are boys' names, but some could work well for girls)

Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Gabriel, Samael, Cassiel, Ariel, Metatron, Ambriel, Castiel, Adriel, Zophiel, Seraphim/Seraphima/Seraphiel, Ephra, Remiel, Erubey, Sariel
    Adam Amedeo Avi Connor Dmitri Enjolras Leo Milo Ronan
    Artemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania

Quote Originally Posted by loislane1222 View Post
    Veronica for a girl.
    Oh, I would have included Veronica if I had known it was a saint's name, I love this name just for the sound. Beautiful.

Angels? I can do angels!

I like for boys: Raziel, Michael, Raphael, Cassiel, Gavriel/Gabriel, Tzadkiel/Zadkiel, Ariel, Ezriel/Azriel and Carmiel/Karmiel.

For girls I like Raziela, Raphaela, Ariella, Ezriela, and Carmiela. I don't like Gabriella for a girl because I dislike "Gabby" very much. And I do like Michaela but the spelling mess that has happened to it in recent years makes me sad.

Raziela has maybe my favourite meaning.

Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, Catherine "Cate" Ophelia, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine, and baby Alexander "Axel" Leopold, arriving September 2017 to complete our family!

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity