Menu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed!

I totally agree. That is very sad and really unfair. I think people should just talk about future baby names and all sorts. There is plenty of room for that. I toally agree with @casilda. they should post fake babies in the name games forum. There is just no point of that.
    married to my wonderful husband--P.J.
    mommy to--- Bridger Alexander(7) , Avery Matthew(3) and Owen Samuel arrived on September 5th!!!

current favorites---
    boys--Bridger,Avery, Owen, Tristan, Cory,Brody, Justin, Porter, Morrison, Axel, Finn and Ira

girls---Natalie, Brooklyn, Penelope, Paige, Heather, Emerson, Eleanor, Beth, Jenna and Meredith

This is the reason I don't comment on birth announcements for twins, triplets etc. because I think 90% of them are fake. It's sad the people feel the need to invent fake children.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Personally, I have been surprised that Nameberry hasn't initialized a process for confirming births before now. I think the one-sock feet picture with the baby's name written on paper is a pretty ingenious idea. It preserves privacy, doesn't exclude home births, and makes photoshopping inconvenient.

It might also be worth considering leaving the Birth Announcements forum as it is, and adding a dedicated link on Nameberry allowing parents to submit their child's name directly to Pam/Linda/site administrators. This could require the foot/name photograph, or something else. If a picture were only going to the administrators and had guaranteed privacy from them -- you know, that the pictures are only for confirmation purposes and get deleted after X months or whatever, and I'm not going to load up Nameberry someday and find myself in one of the blog slide-show features or something like that -- I wouldn't object to more stringent requirements, like sending a picture of myself with the baby and the name written out. Or even a full family picture with the baby's name written out, since I have one of those large families which, while rare, are actually legit. I think it would be worthwhile to go through a screening process, because I'm afraid many people do think my large family is fake. I don't blame them; it would put up red flags for me, too -- but if the administrators approved my family's legitimacy, other Berries could know I'm not a fake while I would maintain my family's privacy. A screening process for the official blog seems both prudent and fair in my estimation.

Mama to C, Z, E, P, D, G & I

Our Agent 007:
    Iolanthe Zelda Irene

@saracita00 - I think that's an ingenious idea, but it seems like so much work! I think it would cause a lot of new mothers quite a hassle to go through all of these guidelines just to prove their birth is legit.
    Catalina || 18 || College Student

Girls: Augusta || Bryony || Caroline || Elizabeth || Katherine || Margaret || Rosemary || Ruth
    Boys: Adrian || August || Bennett || Elliott || Ezra || Foster || Joel || Lowe || Porter || Weston

What's going to stop people to take a photo of their niece/nephew/little siblings foot and submit it?

It's sad that there are fakers, but this is the internet, it's going to happen.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

casilda Guest
    I don't think most people that are fakers would care enough to find a random baby and take a picture. There are some that would go to that extreme though... but it would greatly reduce the overall number of fakers.

@teatime - I think you're probably right that those babies aren't real, but they weren't deliberately posted twice. Somebody commented on the original thread from last year, which is why it was bumped to the beginning of the announcements page and was accidentally included in the most recent quarterly report. This happened for about a dozen babies who were accidentally reported twice.

I think trolling is impossible to stop. Sad that it's so common, especially for genuine mothers of multiples whose stories are sometimes doubted, but that's the internet.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; October 13th, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Violet Elizabeth Rose & Hugo Alexander John
    Baby #3 arriving in July 2020!

ALICE, BEATRIX, DAPHNE, SUSANNAH, SYLVIE
    FREDERICK, GEORGE, LOUIS, RUPERT, THEODORE

I do wish trolling would stop there's no pressure on this site to be a mother which is something I love about the site. Hopefully the trolls wilk see this and change there mind but most trolls seem to get caught.
    Isobel | Eloise | Matilda | Lucia | Alice | Eleanor | Amelia | Felicity | Phoebe | Eilidh | Rosalia | Zoe | Azalea | Genevieve | Tallulah | Everleigh | Rebecca | Leila | Harper | Grace | Zara |
    ○●○
    Eamon | Hayes | Tiago | Cooper | Lawson | Archer | Lincoln | Asher | Alfie | Baxter | Taylor | Flynn | Lewis | Fletcher | Jack | Harley | Brooklyn | Regan | Oscar | Spencer |
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

A photo of the birth certificate but covering the surnames for privacy reasons? Pretty extreme though and some certificates take ages to issue.

To me It's kind of the equivalent of people going into chatrooms pretending to be someone they are not. I don't like it but I guess I will just not reply to posts that don't interest me or seem authentic.
    My two precious girls:

Sophir@ Li

Av@leigh Beth Gwendolyn

Other name combinations I like:

Seth Daniel

Lilah-Rose

Or a photo of the baby's hospital cot card with the name on it but covering up the sirname.
    My two precious girls:

Sophir@ Li

Av@leigh Beth Gwendolyn

Other name combinations I like:

Seth Daniel

Lilah-Rose