Menu

Page 462 of 478 FirstFirst ... 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 472 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 4771

Thread: Teenberries!

@Eric, welcome! My name is Abby. I wish I had the opportunity to learn a new language. I took 4 years of French in high school, and I need to take a language for my major (Psychology) which I’ll probably make French.

So it might be a bit premature to say this but I really need a space to talk about it. My parents called me last night and announced that my mom has been offered a job in Florida, and they’re thinking about moving there. Nothing is set in stone yet but it’s an offer she’s seriously considering. I’m a bit conflicted about it. On the one hand, it doesn’t really impact me because I’m in college in South Carolina most of the time, but I like having the ability to go “home” to Kansas City for breaks. My parents said they might let me take my car to school because I’ll only be 6 hours away so it wouldn’t be out of the question to go home for a weekend.

I don’t know what I’d do about breaks though. All my friends are in Kansas City, and I don’t really see any opportunity to make friends in Florida if I’m only there for part of the year. My friend has offered to let me stay with her in Kansas when I come visit, and I’ll probably take her up on it if this goes through. It would be weird not going back to my house though, and I got really upset last night thinking about how this may have been my last Thanksgiving and Christmas in my house.

I also feel for my sisters. I haven’t talked to either of them about their thoughts on this but Leah would be going into her junior year of high school in a new state, and Ellie would be going into 7th grade. Leah had a hard time adjusting to high school and I can’t imagine what she’ll go through if this happens. We moved to Kansas right before I started 6th grade so I could kinda relate to and help Ellie but I would have nothing for Leah, which makes me sad.

I don’t know. I’ve talked to my best friend back home and my roommates, and they recommended I make a list of pros and cons to try and organize my thoughts on this. It’s a bit unexpected... I always knew my parents weren’t going to stay in Kansas forever but I thought I had until Ellie graduated from high school in 2025 before they would make any solid plans about leaving. It’s a lot to process and I’ve only known about it for less than 24 hours. I just feel like I’m thinking of more cons than pros, but I also don’t want to be the one who holds my family back because it impacts me least of all since I’m in college. It’s just a lot to process. And I have 2 exams this week.

We’re planning to go as a family to look at the city for spring break, so I’m trying to keep an open mind about it but it’s still hard.

Anyways, thanks for allowing me to let this out, and I hope everyone has a great week!
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

Dreaming of future littles...
    Maeve, Rowan, Eleni, Cassian, Finley, & Myles

💜

@Abby: I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Have you told your parents how you'd feel about the move? Or have you spoken to your sisters about how they feel? It might feel better speaking to a relative who will be affected by the move. I think staying with your friend in Kansas sounds like a good idea if she's willing to let out a room and visiting Florida sounds good too. You might feel differently after actually visiting the place and seeing what it's like
    Sorry I couldn't be of any help, I've not moved since I was small so I don't remember what the whole process is like, so I can't offer any first hand experiences!
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Olympia + Selah + Lyra
    GP Crushes: Ximena + Aster + Lilac + Jacopo + Valerio

@Adelina, I haven’t talked to my parents since Sunday because I felt like I needed a couple days to process everything before I could give them a good response. I want to talk to my sisters about it but I only think my parents have told them... I don’t want to be the one who breaks the news before my parents wanted lol.
    I’ve moved several times, but I haven’t moved since 2010 (unless college counts... I did go across the country but I was always able to go home for breaks so it was more like a long vacation). I don’t know how different it will actually be if they’re in Jacksonville versus Kansas City.

💜

@Abby: Ah, that makes sense. I hope the move turns out well for you all, good luck!

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

@sparkleninja18 I had a similar situation when my mother accepted a job in the city where I was going to university - I didn't want them to move but my sister was much younger and about to start to school so they decided living in a small city will be much better, it meant I had to live with them though :/

Last year I wrote about earthquake phenomenon in my city and the earthquakes started again, we prepared the necessities and will go to our car if another quake happens so pray for us please
    👑Almila Nur & Orkun Lemi 👑

Mariye Tuyara | Haris Ender | Iklil Halyan
    Balamir | Evrenos | Evarae
    Evemia | Illiyoon | Siyavuş | Rua

Esmond | Gregory | Immanuel | Owlette
    ~
    aunt to O.E | Quraniyoon Rafidhi

@elifsu: Stay safe! Sending prayers and positive vibes your way

@elifsu, please be safe and take care of yourself! Sending positive vibes your way.

So I talked to my sisters about the move and, no surprise, my 16yo sister is completely against it and my 11yo sister is completely onboard. Just waiting for Spring Break at this point... still not sure when my mom has to make her decision about the job by.

💜

@adelina_sophia and @sparkleninja18 thank you both! It was 5.3 magnitude and lasted for 46 seconds there wasn't anyone harmed thank G_d and there wasn't another earthquake that could be felt by people so we had a calm night at least - maybe your mother feels her new job will be better? I hope everything will be the best for you and your family

~

@Abby: Best of luck on the move!
    @elifsu: I'm glad that the earthquake didn't do any damage and that you're all safe

@adelina_sophia thank you! May G_d protect everyone from disasters - btw I am using G_d but I mean no disrespect if everyone will be able to understand O is used to refer God in Turkish I will use O instead? - off topic but I have come to realize Christian and Jewish people are writing their own fanfics inspired by Bible and they post memes in Tumblr but Muslims never do things like that and I am really envious because I love memes and really Moses and Joshua accidentally creating an immortal fish is the most memeable thing ever.

~