Menu

Page 426 of 478 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 476 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4771

Thread: Teenberries!

Hey everyone! I’m doing alright, down to the last 3 weeks of my freshman year which is hard to believe, but I’m so ready to be done. Quite a few of my classes this week were canceled which was nice. Next week, I’m going canoeing for my biology lab and I’m so excited! I also sign up for fall classes next week.

Hope everyone is well!
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

Dreaming of future littles...
    Maeve, Rowan, Eleni, Cassian, Finley, & Myles

💜

<3

Hello!
    I finally found time to get back on here. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing pretty well! I do not appear to be on the schizophrenic spectrum; I just have major anxiety that hardcore kicked in for about a month or so. However, apparently, as I'm getting older, I am gradually becoming legally bind in my left eye, and am also being on watch for any shift in depression since my dad has bipolar, so that's fun. I am currently on vocal rest, and have had nearly no voice for about two weeks now between school, theatre, speeches, and home.
    Enough about me. How are all of yous guys? I offer a *virtual hug* to those who want (need) one. <3
    Last edited by angelinasb24; April 13th, 2018 at 01:59 PM.

Good luck with exams everyone who has them! And I hope everyone had a good Easter/holiday.

I’m drowning in coursework and then it’s exams, so this term’s gonna be pretty hectic. I didn’t get anything done over Easter, so I’m back to uni a week early on Monday to try and catch up. It seems like the only way to progress is to do really well (placements/PhD/Master’s programmes mainly expect high 2:1 minimum), and I just need to find my motivation to work for it. I still haven’t got a summer placement to get some experience, but I’m waiting to hear back from one, and if it doesn’t work out I have another one to apply for. I just really don’t want to do nothing this summer when I could be getting some time in the lab.

@Abby: I can’t wait for this year to be over either. Everything’s so stressful, I’ve been wondering whether I’d feel the same way if I’d done something else, but on the other hand I know a lot of people feel the same way, so who knows?

@angelina: I think you need some virtual hugs more than I do! It must be tough going through so much all at once, but Im glad you’re doing okay .

I’m also exactly 2 months from being 20 and kinda dreading it.
    Last edited by myosotis; April 13th, 2018 at 03:53 PM.
    Jam|Fangirl|Historian|Biochemist|Single Pringle|21|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Valkyrie ClioPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Arthur • Nikolai Emrys • Prosper Kit • Ephraim Atticus • Cedrick Hugo • Ambrose Sage
    Evanthe Cherry • Zenobia Sahar • Morgana Hermione • Marigold Alice • Lavender Athena • Calista Autumn
    GuysGals
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.”

@Abby: Glad to hear you are doing well!
    @angelinasb24: Welcome to the thread! I don't think I've seen you around before - my name is Alice, but if you prefer, you can call me Adelina. Hugs to you.
    @Jam: I feel the same way at the moment, my first A level exam is in just over a month's time so I've spent most of my Easter break revising. Good luck with everything at university!

As for me; I've not been great lately, but I had a good day today looking at my last university choice. It's going to be so hard to narrow them all down into two choices, because I know what my first choice is but there are two universities I like equally as my insurance/back up choice.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Olympia + Selah + Lyra
    GP Crushes: Ximena + Aster + Lilac + Jacopo + Valerio

@Angelina, welcome!
    @Jam, I hear you about exams. My finals start on the 30th and I’m dreading it so much because I have 2 exams on that Monday morning (8am and 11:30am), and the second is my calc final, which I’m already worrying about. This semester has made me more sure of my decision to switch majors because I just can’t do math and I don’t enjoy it either.
    I turn 19 in just over a month, and it’s kinda surreal. I can’t believe in just over 13 months, I won’t be a teenager anymore! So I can imagine what you’re feeling right now.
    @Adelina, I’m not sure what UK college applications are like but could you just have a top 3? It’s nice that you have a few options you like. Good luck!

💜

@Abby: At the beginning you have to have a top 5 if applying through UCAS, the main system that manages university applications here in the UK. But once you've had offers/rejections (thankfully I didn't get any rejections, some friends did though) you have to accept two and decline the rest - your first choice is called your 'firm' and your back up is called your 'insurance'. My firm choice is Winchester since it's my favourite out of my options and I also have an unconditional offer (so regardless of how well I do in my A levels as long as I get a pass or above I can still go, the original offer was A*AB so that makes a whole world of a difference haha) but I think I might make Queen Mary's London my insurance now since even though it's tough since it's Russell Group (bit like your Ivy League in America) I would be commuting from home if I went there so I think it's good to have a balance between a living away from home and a staying at home choice. If I went to Winchester I would be living on campus.

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

@Adelina, interesting, it seems much more regulated than it is in the US. There are definitely pros and cons about living on campus. I would love to be able to go home every night but university parking is dreadful here, so I’m also glad I don’t have to deal with that.

💜

@Abby: I'm quite nervous about living on campus but I'm sure it's one of those things that I'll adapt to and will eventually enjoy the freedom. I mean, the longest time I've spent away from home is a week and even then I was on a school trip so everything was catered for me. At some universities here you can be catered for but I think I'd like to cook for myself.

Hey all! This slipped onto the second page so I brought it back

How is everyone?

I have final exams next week, which sucks, but it also means that I am completely done with the year next Friday. I move out on Saturday the 5th and will probably be home late on that Sunday. I’m so excited to see everyone back home.

💜

@Adelina: I’m sure you’ll get used to living away from home. I don’t get particularly homesick for some reason, but it I still so nice to get back home, especially when things get difficult at times. But the freedom is great (not that I really go anywhere lol) and I think it’s good practice for properly moving away from home. I was self catered, but a lot of people I knew were in catered and didn’t really like it. Mostly because the timings were restrictive and the food wasn’t all that good.

@Abby: Good luck with your exams! It’s nice that it’s not long until you get to go home. My exams officially start at the end of May, but finish before June, although I have one on Tuesday haha. I only have four altogether, because I got two modules out of the way in Autumn. Also my pile of coursework is getting smaller. I only have a paper due that I’m going to start after I’ve done the presentation for it on Monday. Then I can finally get onto revision.

Apart from work stuff, I went to a friend’s bbq and made some new friends, saw a midnight showing of Infinity War (it’s absolutely amazing!) and I’m going to the zoo for the first time in ages tomorrow. I’m really excited!
    Jam|Fangirl|Historian|Biochemist|Single Pringle|21|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Valkyrie ClioPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Arthur • Nikolai Emrys • Prosper Kit • Ephraim Atticus • Cedrick Hugo • Ambrose Sage
    Evanthe Cherry • Zenobia Sahar • Morgana Hermione • Marigold Alice • Lavender Athena • Calista Autumn
    GuysGals
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.”