Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think Sybilla nn Billie is adorable! And I love Josef and Sybilla together. So cute! I like the suggestion of Belinda, too--I've always loved it for the nns Bella and Lindey (although it does seem a mite dated, although not so dated as Melinda?)--and Belphoebe! Especially Belphoebe. Maybe Mabel? I don't really see the appeal, but there are a lot of Mabel lovers on here!

It's a huge stretch, but I think there is someone who has Amelia nn Billie on her list. I can kind of see it--Millie's a semi-common Amelia nn, and if Edward can get the nn Ned or Teddy/Ted, then why can't Amelia get Billie? I realize some nns back years ago followed patterns (Marg- to Meg- to Peg; William to Will to Bill, etc.), but if Eleanor can get Nell and Edward can get Teddy, why can't Amelia get Billie? I remember coming across Abelia a while ago in my search for a name for a story character, and that could probably get you Billie, too. I was never sure how it was said--I've said both ah-BELL-ee-ah and ah-BEEL-ya, to rhyme with Amelia.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Amabilia
    Bellona
    Cybele
    Beryl
    Bethel
    Beverly
    Fable
    Sable

Belinda
    Belita
    Belladonna
    Annabel
    Florabel
    Christabel

I actually like it as a standalone given name.

My daughter has a friend Billie and it's her full name. My grandmother's childhood nickname was Billie and I love that! For her Billie was short for Linilda which is truly awful but I do think it's interesting that all Billie had in common was the short "I" and the double "L" so I think Billie could come from a Lily name or another name will an "ill" sound somewhere in the name.

I also think that Billie could be used as a full name, maybe with a more formal middle name. I've also come across the name Belicia, which I think is quite pretty.

Belle nn Billie would also be fun, unexpected yet totally logical.