Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please make combos

Ok - Having another girl in December. My toddler is Arden Mae, but goes by Birdie Mae right now. Hubby and I have had a very hard time agreeing. He likes "normal" names For first names I think we have it down to:

Estelle - love the meaning and the look of it - and Essie and Birdie work.
    Edith - my beloved Grammy's name, don't love the meaning, but at least it is strong and goes with Arden, and Edy would go with Birdie
    Elinor - love the literary reference and meaning, don't want an Ellie, know too many, so if we use a nn it would have to be Nori or something
    Elizabeth - love the literary reference and meaning - too popular, but for some reason I love the nn Zibby (and she will have a lot of grown up choices if she doesn't like it)

For middles I'm looking for 3 syllables or 1 syllable. I like literary references and meaning. She's coming in December, probably first or second week, so I love "light" names (Santa Lucia), but there is a town near my house called Lucia (Lu Sha), so can't use that actual name. I'm thinking Rosalie, Holiday, Beatrix, Natalie or any of the other first names. Open to suggestions. I was hoping to find something that could be cut down to one syllable for a double name because our Arden goes by "Birdie Mae" most of the time. So Estelle Rosalie nn Essie Rose? Our last name is 2 syllables and ends in O.

Please make combos - I want 4 choices that I love to take to the hospital. Thanks Berries!!!!
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!

I love, love love Edith!!! And I think Arden & Edith/ Birdie & Edith both sound so cute together! I love the flow of Edith Rosalie, or Edie Rosalie. I also think that Edith Grace fits in with your sib-set and it is a one syllable option. I also like Edith Louise, even though it's a two syllable middle name.

caty_beth89 Guest
    My favorites from your first name list are Edith and Elinor. Estelle just isn't my style and while I love Elizabeth, Elizabeth Arden is a brand of cosmetics.

Edith Elena (Edy Len or Edy Nell)
    Edith Lucille (Edy Lu)
    Elinor Lucille (Nori Lu)
    Lucille Elinor (Lucy Nell)
    Beatrix Lucille (Trixie Lu)
    Estelle Beatrix (Stella Bea)

HA! I had never thought of Elizabeth Arden - thanks for pointing that out! Husband won't do Lucille, but Louise is a family name and I might be able to get him on board with that.
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!

Here are some suggestions for combos and nicknames. I like all of your first name choices in varying degrees but my fave is Edith with Arden. There is a makeup brand called Elizabeth Arden so that's something to think about if you choose Elizabeth.

Edith Rosalie - nn Edie Rose
    Edith Claire - nn Edie Claire
    Elinor Holiday - Nori Day, Nellie Day, Nell Holly
    Estelle Beatrix - nn Essie Bea or Stella Bee.
    Elizabeth Grace - nn Zibby Grace, Lizzy Grace, Libby Grace
    All the best,
    Mischa.