Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Loving Timothy...hating Tim... (Other "thy" ending boys names?)

We are loving the name Timothy for a boy. But do not at all like Tim or Timmy. He would most definitely be called this?
    Yeah, so we like the "thy/thee" ending..any other boys names you can think of that end like Timothy...

I think Timothy will get called Tim/Timmy a lot actually. My favorite -thy name is Abernethy. It means "river's beginning" and has lots of nicknames. It could be Abe, Ber, Neth, Berny, Ret/Rhett, etc...
    Anyway, there aren't too many names with that ending sound. Here's some that I could find.

Maybe:

Worthy -- I know it's a word, but it would make a cool name
    Atithi
    Demothi
    Fathi
    Morathi
    http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Blackwood/e/B00SARZLFY -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Amelia Lorien Sophia -- December 2015.

The only two other names that I've come across that end in in -thy are Worthy and McCarthy. I tried to figure out how to do a super-search type search on behind the name, but I couldn't figure out how to search by name-ending (obviously, I'm not on that website a lot! haha).

Worthy and McCarthy aren't something I'd use, personally, but maybe they're your style? Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I've only known two Timothys, but they both go exclusively by Timothy. It's not a common name at all, so I'm not sure that people would automatically shorten it.

I agree with @southern.maple I don't think that Timothy would automatically be shortened to Tim. I knew a Timothy that went by Mothy and Othy (Otty).

Here are some -thy ending names:

Abernethy
    Smithy
    Worthy