Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambodia?

Cambodia?

Honest opinions on what you guys think about the name, Cambodia? nn Bodi and/or Dia. I really love it as a first name.
    What are some good middle names for Cambodia? Thanks!
    Best regards; Julia

Persephone Kate ; Charlotte Delphine ; Evangeline Karys ; Clara Juliet ; Vera Madeleine

Joseph Scott ; Christopher Callan ; Maxwell Finn ; Noel Carter ; James Nicholas

Honestly, not a fan. To me it's just the name of a country. Do you have any connection to Cambodia or just like the way it sounds?

It just makes me think of a place of sadness and loss.

Honestly, I think it's very strange. Cambodia is the name of a country, not a person. And, as @rkrd said, it's a country with a troubling and sad history in recent decades. If you are of Cambodian heritage, I'd suggest using a Khmer name to honour that, and if you're not at all of Cambodian heritage, it would look very, very weird.
    Miriam ~ Tabitha ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    It just makes me think of a place of sadness and loss.
    Agreed. I think of the Cambodian genocide and Khmer Rouge. I also receive a daily devotional to my email that revolves around the persecuted church, and I've heard a lot of very sad stories involving Cambodia (also Laos, and Vietnam, and other neighboring nations!). Unless Cambodia has some significance to you, I definitely wouldn't use it. And even if it does, I would find another way to honor it. If you have to use it, I'd use it as a middle.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here