Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever use a longer name as a nn?

I really enjoy Emerson, & thought about Emery as a given & Emerson as a nn?

Would you ever do that?

I wouldn't use Emerson, I still can't decide a sex preference on it & the -son ending is also the surname ending.

Yes. My sister is Natalie; I call her Tallie, but also Natalia and Tallulah. My other sister is Rebecca, and I can't figure out how to elongate that, so I just call her Rebecca a lot. And two of my former coworkers were Leo and Carol--I called them Leopoldo and Carolina all the time, haha! I don't know if I would do it for my own kids--I generally tend to lean toward long and flowy names like Isabelle and Charlotte--how do you really elongate those?--but I do do it a lot.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

It could happen. I wouldn't count on it being widely used, but I could definitely see it.

Ashthedreamer I see what your saying! & tallula is rubbing of on me some! Lol

It's not unusual for Russians to nickname a name to be longer, like adding a -nka or -ka or -shka ending which adds length. My husband Maksim is Makooshka to his mother.

I think things like -son, -cita, -ette & -elle could work for a lengthening nickname!