Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Braham, v2

Lightbulb Braham, v2

I'm starting over with Braham. It's a place name (Braham, Minnesota) and surname.

The first thing I'd like to know is how you all would pronounce it.

Would you be more apt to pronounce Braham as BRAY-um, BRAM, or BRUH-ham?

Do you think this is a name fit for use? Do you like it or would it make you roll your eyes every time you saw it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by thejollyfinch; September 3rd, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
    new username @finch

I'd pronounce it as Bruh-hum... Abraham without the A.

I think it is a name that is fit for use. I wouldn't roll my eyes at all as there are alot worse names out there and this name doesn't have any bad associations as far as I am concerned.
    To me all it looks like is a variation of Abraham.. nothing more, nothing less

I, too, would pronounce it Brah-HAM, like Abraham. I think it looks sort of cool, but I would much prefer to see Bram or even Brahms, pretentious as that may be. I just like the connection to the composer.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I, too, would pronounce it Brah-HAM, like Abraham. I think it looks sort of cool, but I would much prefer to see Bram or even Brahms, pretentious as that may be. I just like the connection to the composer.
    Pretentious or not, Brahms is fantastic. I actually have Brahm on my list currently. But there is just something about Braham that I love.

Thank you!
    new username @finch

I would say "bray-um" like Graham. (I seem to be the only American here who's never heard the "gram" pronunciation used for Graham.) I'm not really a fan of the name. It's just kind of blah to me. I like Bram though.