Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Annabel - very cute. I adore Annabel, and Penelope and Annabel are fab together. Penny and Annie are a bit close, but they could be Penny and Anna, or Penny and Belle?
    Olivia - adore this, too, and Penelope and Olivia are fab. I love the nns Liv and Olive. It's fun, it's literary, it's feminine. I adore it.
    Eva/Eve - Eva is another one of my favorites. Eva Shey is quite short, but if you do a long middle, I think it'd balance out just fine (Eva Seraphine Shey, for example, or Eva Alexandrie Shey...).
    Eliza - love Eliza, and Penelope and Eliza are fab, but I would hesitate to use a name your husband hated.
    Emma - very pretty, and I like it with Penelope, but I'd rather see it as a middle for something longer. Like Annabel Emma, or Charlotte Emma, or Eleanor Emma...
    Kate - lovely. Maybe you could use it as a middle, to honor your sister, or even use it as a double barrel. Like Anna Kate Sofia "Anna Kate" or Emma Kate Charlotte "Emma Kate"?
    Anna - I don't hate it, but it's definitely too drab and boring on its own for me. I like it as a double barrel "Anna Kate", or even something like Anna Sophia, Annabel, Anneliese, etc., and I love Annie, but I don't love just Anna.
    Sophia/Sophie - I think Sofia (love this spelling) is beautiful, but again, I wouldn't try to force something you don't both LOVE. Sophia could be a nice middle, if he'd agree to it there, though.
    Charlotte - I actually don't think Charlotte Shey is bad. No worse than my sister's name, imo, which I don't think is bad at all (Rebecca R____). I think it's beautiful. I love the nns Lola and Lottie, as well.
    Lucy - I want to get into it, but I just can't. I vastly prefer Lily, or even Lucia/Lucilla/Luciana...

Eleanor - I love Eleanor, actually. It has a lot of lovely nns--Ella, Leni, Lena, Nora--and I think Penelope and Eleanor would be fab. I would avoid the nn Nell, mainly because Penelope could eventually go by Nell/Nellie, too, if she wanted, but otherwise I think it's a great fit.
    Chloe - I'm with you here. I like Zoe much more than Chloe, and I wouldn't go near Chloe if you already have a Zoe in the house (even if it's just a pet!).
    Evelyn - meh. It's okay. I like Eva (or even just Eve) much better. Evelyn just feels sort of boring to me, even though it is a nice name in its own right.
    Harper - I like Harper for its literary cred, though I'm not a huge TKMB fan, but it's too overdone and trendy for me. It's shot straight to the top, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the top 10 in two years' time. I would even be more open to Hadley (which I love regardless), even though I have a strict no unisex-names policy. Mainly because I hate having a unisex name. But I do like Harper, for both genders.
    Eve - nice, but I like Eva much more these days.
    Amelie - I'm just curious--how is this too close to your name, but Emily isn't? They sound pretty similar to me. Maybe it's your pronunciation? In French, Amelie is pronounced like ah-MILL-ee or ah-MAY-lee, depending on location. ah-MILL-ee and EM-ih-lee are pretty close, imo...
    Emily - sweet, but it feels quite overdone and a bit tired still. I would love to meet an Emilia, though!

A few ideas:

Emilia
    Rosalie
    Isabel(le)
    Georgia
    Cora
    Caroline
    Felicity
    Helena
    Violet
    Juliet
    Zara
    Odette
    Katherine
    Lillian

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by isabellemarie View Post
    Out of all the names listed above I think Annabel would compliment Penelope Claire quite nicely.
    Totally Agree. Favorite name on the list
    Raquel-23 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Rose Caroline, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter, Marina Adelaide, Emmeline Margot, Alice Primrose,Annabel Frances, Catherine Isabella, Vivienne Lucille
    Gentlemen: Frederick Arthur Louis, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett, Edmund Tobias, Asher Benjamin, and James Raphael

Annabel - Annabel is a great sister name to Penelope! Annie and Penny are totally cute too.
    Olivia - It's nice, but I like Annabel better for a sister to Penelope. I think Olivia goes better with your last name though.
    Eve / Eva - Eva is nice, yes Eve is too short with a one-syllable last name; especially since you tend toward more a more romantic/classic style.
    Eliza - Oh I really like Eliza too. Not sure how I like the flow with your last name tho--it's kind of drawly.
    Emma - I don't think Emma is too common or plain, but Eliza has more spark.
    Kate - Kate Shey doesn't go well. I love Kate as a middle name, and it would be nice way to honor your syster.
    Anna - I'm a big fan of Anna, but considering your older daughter's longer name and your shorter last name, I would choose Annabel over Anna. She can always go by Anna as a nickname if she prefers it over Annie (although I still love Annie/Penny!)
    Sophie / Sophia- Again, this is nice--all your names are nice!--but there are other names that have more spark.
    Charlotte - I agree, it's a great name on it's own, but not with your last name.
    Lucy -- Oh this is totally cute.

My favorites from your list: Annabel and Lucy are favorites, with Eliza as a runner-up.

Hubby's list
    Eleanor - I like Eleanor a lot actually--if we didn't have a baby Eleanor in the family, it would be on my short list.
    Chloe - Not with a dong named Zoe! Put it in the middle spot =)
    Evelyn - Evelyn Shey is actually a name that "grows up" really well. How about Evie for a NN?
    Harper - I agree, not a fan
    Eve -- *see above
    Amelie - Well if it's too similar, that might be awkward. Delegate to middle spot.
    Emily - Yeah, I think you've got better E-names to work with.

My favorites from your husband's list: Eleanor and Evelyn.

It seems like your style is more romantic/classic, and your husband's style is more safe/spunky. I recommend a more classic first, and a more spunky middle.

Middle name ideas: Anna, Chloe, Amelie, Kate (with a one-syllable last name, you might prefer a multi-syllable middle, but I just like Kate so much I had to keep it on the list!)
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Hmm...
    Penelope Claire is a stunning name!
    My thoughts on the rest of your combinations:
    Annabel - I love the name Annabel, she's a wholesome choice. Annabel has a sweet sound and works so beautifully with Penelope. Penelope and Annabel have a great sound. Maybe Penny and Annie are too similar but in all honesty you can use a different nickname. For example Anna or Belle. Penny and Anna aren't similar and sound really cute together.

Olivia - I love Olivia she's a very sweet name and despite her increasing popularity she always feels fresh. Olivia does work with Penelope but I'd prefer a name with a slightly less predictable.

Eve - I love Eve she's gorgeous, has interesting biblical connotations and has a very light sound. I also love Eva which has a bluesy quality to the name. Still I do feel that Eve/Eva is too short with Penelope. Visually the sibling set looks unbalanced. I think maybe Evangeline with the Eve nickname would be better.

Eliza - I like Eliza she works with Penelope. Penelope & Eliza feel very sweet together. But then in away it just doesn't work as Eliza feels very nicknamey next to Penelope. I think Elizabeth with the Eliza nickname would be better and maybe hubby would approve more.

Emma - I love Emma, I actually think Emma is dying down in popularity obviously she's still popular but this side of the pond she isn't as popular as she once was. I love Penelope and Emma together feels like a sister combination from a gorgeous story book.

Kate - I think with sister called Katie 'Kate' is more of a honouring name and I believe would work lovely as a middle name.

Anna - I like Anna she's lovely and has a really sweet simplicity. But I prefer Annabel with the Anna nickname.

Sophie - I'm not that keen on Sophie but love Sophia!!!

Charlotte - I adore Charlotte, she's a stunning name has a very wholesome sound. I also love the literacy connotations surrounding Charlotte. Charlotte is a beautiful name, and I also love the nickname choice of Lottie. Charlotte is a great name and sounds brilliant with Penelope!! But still totally in agreement about the whole Charlotte Shey it's just off.

Lucy - Really dislike Lucy she reminds me of the word loose and is so popular in the UK it's boring.
    ----

Eleanor - Ugh how can you hate Eleanor? She's a gorgeous name! Eleanor has a lovely fresh appeal and an almost old medieval European vibe that I adore. Eleanor sounds brilliant with Penelope as well. I also love the nicknames surrounding Eleanor for example Elle, Ellie, Ella, and Lea. It's lovely.

Chloe - I really dislike Chloe it's my own dog's name chosen by my sister, I just dislike the general sound and look of Chloe. It's not my thing.

Evelyn - I love Evelyn she's elegant and sweet. I also love the rural sound of Evelyn. Evelyn works with Penelope as well. Penelope & Evelyn are great together. I also love the nicknames Evie and Penny together as well.

Harper - I agree Harper is hot right now and also I don't like Penelope & Harper as sister's. They don't work together.

Eve - ^comments above^

Amelie - I love Amelie an adorable French name with a gorgeous vibe. But the flow of Penelope and Amelie together doesn't work well, to be honest.

Emily - Similar issue with Amelie; Emily and Penelope rhyme together similarly with Penelope and Ameloe.