Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Born on Past Mothers Birthday - Name?

So if a baby is born on the birthday of a dear past loved one what name would you give them in association to that without giving them their actual name.

Ex: Renae means Reborn

1) id spell Renee the traditional way instead of make my child go through like correcting people

2) using a name with meaning is my favorite option because i think renaming happens to often and can feel lazy and like a cop out

3) using a VARIATION of that name, example building off your Renee suggestion: the Twilight invention Renesmee
    ~*~ Guilty Pleasures ~*~

Cecily Henrietta Marchelina Rebekah Cornelia Lane Severine

Cassidy Drew Tristan Robin Kelly Artemis Lawrie

Personally I'd just use their name if I wanted to honour them, as a first if I like the name, or middle if I'm not crazy about it!

Thank you orphanedyou & orange.. natural I thought it was very thoughtful how you consisted alternatives.

If I didn't want to use their actual name, I'd consider a variant/nickname: eg Margaret could be Maisie, Margo, Greta, Margeurite...

I'd also think about their hobbies and background - if your mother was a gardener a flower name could be a nice way to honour her, if she lived on the coast you could use a name that meant 'of the sea' or something. Or if she came from a place that could be used as a name - obviously you wouldn't name your baby New York Smith, but something like Charlotte Smith, Lincoln Smith, even Washington Smith (a little pretentious but could work well as a middle)

Or was there a name she always loved but never got to use? If she never got her little Flora because her husband hated the name it could be a nice touch if it's a name you like as well.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George