Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cressida?

Cressida has been on my list for awhile now. I love seeing it get the appreciation it deserves, but I hope it doesn't get too popular!
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I don't see this name becoming popular in the USA. For one thing there's the car, which I had never heard of. They stopped making them 20 years ago according to Wikipedia and as we didn't own one I had no memory of it.

I also think this name is too out there for a lot of people especially non-name nerds (in USA). I don't think it has mainstream appeal, even with Harry's girlfriend.

As for the name itself, Cressida is a name that I find ok, but don't particularly love or wish to use. I think it is easily pronounceable, which is a plus. I think it's usable and if you love it, go for it!

Good luck!

I know a lovely Cressida who had a dog named Trolius!
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Cressida is a gorgeous name!

rollo
    Psalm 23

reminds me of credenza - a cupboard or cabinet :/

i knew a Creasie in high school but dont know if that stood for anything - it rhymed with Greasy ( double :/ :/ )
    ~*~ Guilty Pleasures ~*~

Cecily Henrietta Marchelina Rebekah Cornelia Lane Severine

Cassidy Drew Tristan Robin Kelly Artemis Lawrie