Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I just finished reading, "Revenge Wears Prada" and they named their daughter in the book Clementine Rose.

Flo makes me think of car insurance, and a "visit from Aunt Flo" .
    I like Eliska and Noeline. Elisha is a male name to me.
    I like Vanda and Demetra.
    I probably wouldn't use these name except Eliska.
    I like Antoniette, and Antonietta.

I've been reading mortal instruments city of bones and the protagonist is Clarissa nn clary like the herb clary sage, I'm not a fan of the fn or nn tbh
    Current favourites
    Gals. Lyra, Amelia, Penelope,Alice, Estee, Lola, Bailey, Sofia,Sadie.
    Guys. Gabriel, Max, Zachary, Harley, Milo, Olly, Julian.

Lauranne - prefer Lauranna if they are trying to spice up Laura

Antoniette - way better than Antonia! but think people would still say Antoinette

Ketra - Reminds me of Petra

Dalila -doesnt matter if its a name in Indian that doesnt mean the flower. it sounds the same so it will forever have the association. dont give a kid a name that sounds like something but have them know and answer the 'oh like the flower' question with 'no its indian and means something else' their entire lives.

Noeline - doesnt seem to work or roll off the tongue easily.

Eliska - i wanna say Elishka instead. depending on the complex way Russians femininze names due to familiarity with various -asha, -alila, -ishka ending you may find a great name in there.

Kalonda - like Yolanda, Shaquanda, and way to many other horrible a/onda names. the only one the seems 'real' is Rhonda

Demetra - love this name, believe i first heard it in Spy Kids 3D lol

Kilia or Killia - kids dont need kill in their name :/

Nuriye - ok, a hassle, not pretty enough to deal with

Vanda - think this would get a lot of 'did you say Wanda?'

Lenora - reminds me of Poe

Medora - since everyone seems to be clamoring for alternative -dora names id skip it. reminds me of Megara from Hercules
    ~*~ Guilty Pleasures ~*~

Cecily Henrietta Marchelina Rebekah Cornelia Lane Severine

Cassidy Drew Tristan Robin Kelly Artemis Lawrie

Quote Originally Posted by emilyva View Post
    Flo makes me think of car insurance, and a "visit from Aunt Flo"
    I don't get the car insurance thing (different countries I guess) but hahaha a visit from Aunt Flo! I forgot about that association
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina, Mereya

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858