Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Gypsy-Rose & Lavender May

I love the name Gypsy-Rose (as my great grandfather was a gypsy and I think it's a good tribute to him). -Rose is my nan's MN (my great grandads daughter in law).

Do you think Gypsy-Rose is ok as FN or would you use it as a MN. If MN can you suggest some FNs for it.

Also some suggestions of FNs for the MN Lavender May. - May is my boyfriends nan's MN. Lavender is my nan's fave flower.

I have a daughter Amy-Louise so it would need to sound ok with her name as well. And the surname Kitcher.

I'm just going to throw this out there (just for common knowledge) but the name Romany means gypsy.
    I think it has the 'ro' from rose and the meaning from your grandpa.
    I always saw it as a girls name and I love the meaning.

I'm not really wanting another hyphen which is why I'd use Gypsy-Rose more as a MN to a FN. - I just wanted people's opinions on it.

I love Bethany Lavender May. - I'd use Bethan though as I'm welsh.

I love Annabel Gypsy Rose. I love Quintessa but I know my boyfriend is not for that.

I do like the phonetics of Gypsy-Rose, but I would be hesitant before using it as a first name. A world-class lawyer, political figure, or intellectual named Gypsy? Just seems odd. I think as a mn it would be fine. If Amy-Louise has a hyphenated first, are you looking for another hypenation? Louise is classic and French, and I think Marie combos might work nice. Such as:
    Marie-Claire
    Marie-Christine
    Marie-Margaux
    Marie-Celine
    Marie-Elaine
    etc.

As for Lavender-May, I like that better as individual names, but the flow isn't as pleasing as Gypsy-Rose. Gypsy-Rose Lavender-May sounds okay if you were thinking of that. I still like all my first names, if you're looking to hyphenate. If not...
    (not all of these go with Amy-Louise they just popped into my head)

Josephine Lavender-May
    Frances Lavender-May
    Frederica Lavender-May
    Christine / a Lavender-May
    Bethany Lavender-May

Annabel Gypsy-Rose
    Bernadette Gypsy-Rose
    Quintessa Gypsy-Rose
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence, Margo, Jade, Matthew, Susan, Maura, Mil, Floss, Connor, David, and so many many more

I love it too but my boyfriend doesn't like it he says its odd as his style is my daughters name where as mine I like different names.