Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    haha. Awesome thread! Most of my favorites are inspired by family (Liliana, Catherine, Boaz, Grayson, Violet, Hannah, Eleni, Avery, Jack, Charles, Zane, Cristiano/Ian...) in some way, by literature (Jack, Olivia, Charles, Catherine, Charlotte...), by my faith (Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia/Olive, Liliana, Rachel, Hannah, Caleb, Asher, Boaz), or by what favorite musicians/bands/soloists named their children (Isabelle, Arianne, Emmeline)--I heard the name, and I liked it, or I heard the name, liked the idea of it, but tweaked it a bit--Isabelle for Isabella, Emmeline for Emmerson nn Emmy, etc.

All that leaves out is Eva, Tess, Everett, Bailey, Brody, and Dominic. All of which I just heard somewhere and just really fell for. I think Bailey and Dominic were inspired by actors/characters in movies that I saw, but the others I just fell for over time, the more I heard them.

The majority of my combos/names are inspired by family, faith, and literature, though. I think it makes a pretty cool blend.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Dominic- the Saint (set the world on fire!)
    Caspian - the sea
    Eulalie - also Saint
    Charles - my granddad : )
    Zoe - my grandma's favorite name
    John - St. John Bosco/my uncle
    Tallulah & Akule & Panama - Indians!
    Arthur Casimir Fox Raphael Percy Malachi Jules Balthasar
    . . . . Dart Fox Pip Jules . . . . . . . . .
    Catherine Aliénor Marguerite Hero Elisabet Valentina Antonia Mireille
    Cato Maru Liesl Indie . . . . . .
    Buttercup Dandelion Newt Edelweiss Lionheart Wolfgang Cricket

Ever- The connotations more than anything.... it also stemmed from my love of the name Eve.
    Reno- Main character Reno Sweeney from the musical 'Anything Goes'.... mainly because Sutton Foster played her recently and I love her!
    Juno- Just because I love it, but I do like that it has mythological ties and I must admit I did enjoy the movie.
    Lola- It just sounds strong and fiery to me. It's also my best friend's favourite name (wonder who will have a baby first! haha).
    Vesper- Love that it means evening (my favourite time of day).

Guthrie- The obvious answer would be that I'm a fan of someone with this surname, such as Woody Guthrie, but I'm not;
    I just like the name for what it is.
    Wilder- I like what it evokes... the idea of the wilderness and untamed open spaces. I also loved reading Laura Ingalls Wilder when I was growing up.
    Shepard- My baby brother's almost-name. My stepmum loved it because of the artist Shepard Fairey.
    Atticus- I just love the sharp rhythm of it as it jumps out of your mouth!
    Leo- It happens to be my star sign, but I wouldn't name my kid after that. Basically I just like it

Mm, interesting thread topic!! I don't think about it a lot, where my favourites have been inspired from. But.... Some, quite a few actually, are from favourite books that have left an impression on me. Some are inspired by family and a few close friends (surnames as firsts or middles/names they have talked about..) Others are word names, inspired by words that have attracted me with their meaning and image. These are the names that I love the best, the ones with meaning and inspiration behind them.
    debating which is better Truth/True/Truly Truth/True/Truly

Lucien - after Lucien Pol, my great-grandfather who emigrated from France to the U.S.
    Anders - Anders Jakobsson, a family patriarch from Denmark.
    Maren - another ode to my ancestry, this one from the Danish matriarchal side.
    Gretchen - Faust.
    Modeste - Modest Mussorgsky.
    Mads - Mads Mikkelsen.
    Brigitte - my favorite professor.