Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    too me its WAY to far of a stretch... Adair is a completely different name and not a lot of the same sounds...
    on the search for the perfect girls name!

If you want to call her Adair, cool. Just don't call it a nickname for Arabella.

Way too much of a stretch. I mean, you could really use any nn for any name, but that doesn't mean it naturally stems from the name. My little sister is Natalie, and I call her Lulu sometimes. Is Lulu a natural nn for Natalie? No, of course not. (Natalie -> Tallie -> Tallulah -> Lulu, so it sort of makes sense, but it's still a huge stretch and it's just a cute nn I like--nobody really expects it to be a logical nn for her actual name) And Adair for Arabella makes about as much sense as Lulu for Natalie, imo. I think Ara or Ari makes much more sense, if you want to avoid Belle/Bella, and you want a nn that naturally flows from her legal name.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

As awesome as Adair is, it really doesn't make a good nn for Arabella.

If you like it then go for it! I love the name Adair (though kinda prefer it on boys), and think it makes a wonderful NN for Arabella. Even if it is a bit of a stretch. Or you could try Alair, which isn't as unrelated and is just as beautiful : )
    Arthur Casimir Fox Raphael Percy Malachi Jules Balthasar
    . . . . Dart Fox Pip Jules . . . . . . . . .
    Catherine Aliénor Marguerite Hero Elisabet Valentina Antonia Mireille
    Cato Maru Liesl Indie . . . . . .
    Buttercup Dandelion Newt Edelweiss Lionheart Wolfgang Cricket