Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Violet or Eloise?

In real life, I only get negative feedback for these two names even though I think they're soooo lovely. I'm pretty set on using Violet or Eloise for my no. 3 (siblings are Ava and Asher). How do you feel about these names? Which is your favorite?

Amelia will be our tie breaker name.

Middle name will be Joy/Joyce after my grandmother. I'm debating on giving her two middle names just because I can't decide. What's everyone's general feelings on that?

Thanks!

With Ava and Asher, I really love Violet! Eloise is nice, as well, and nice with Ava and Asher... I've just never gotten the appeal of Eloise. I like Elise and Louisa much more. I think Violet Amelia Joy would be quite swoonworthy, actually... I'm a big fan of two middles.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I love the name Violet as well! I also love the way the name Eloise flows off the tongue. I don't like the idea of two middle names, but think there are so many beautiful options out there, its hard to settle on just one. My husband and I have moved around a lot during our relationship and I don't really see that stopping, so I love that the Violet is actually the state flower of the one we are currently residing in Nature is something we both love, and I love names that evoke some type of emotion. Good luck naming baby number 3!

Shamelessly bumping for more suggestions!

My favourite is Violet, I never really got the appeal of Eloise, it's just too frilly for my taste. And I think Violet goes really well with your other children's names. I like Amelia too, but not as much as Violet.

I am definitely for two middles, all of my combinations have two middles, I just like the way it sounds with two and there are so many great names!
    Since Violet is three syllables (I think, I have just been sat saying Violet and counting, it's three the way I say it) I would do a 3-1-2 syllable count with the names.