Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Christiano is certainly swoon worthy. I love it and think you shouldn't hesitate to use it! America is a melting pot, after all. African-Americans don't use JUST African names, Mexican-Americans don't use JUST Mexican names, why should you have to be restricted to names from your own culture?

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I also think of Cristiano Romano, but it is a nice name. And I have said this here before: not all Latinos have dark eyes and skin. My kids are Latino like their blue-eyed father, and they are fair-skinned with light brown hair like me (not Latina).

Sorry - didn't finish my thought: and my kids have classic Spanish names.

I also think of Cristiano Ronaldo, haha. That's where I first came across it, but that's not why I love it, and why I would use it. I wonder if most Americans would think I would be naming my son after the footballer, too, if I ever used it?

I'm also considering some other international Christian variants, like the Romanian Cristian, or the Scandinavian Kristian, although I'm not sure I like either better than Cristiano...
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I also think of Cristiano Ronaldo, haha. That's where I first came across it, but that's not why I love it, and why I would use it. I wonder if most Americans would think I would be naming my son after the footballer, too, if I ever used it?

I'm also considering some other international Christian variants, like the Romanian Cristian, or the Scandinavian Kristian, although I'm not sure I like either better than Cristiano...
    I think of Cristiano Ronaldo too. I really like Kristian but there is a Scottish Footballer with this name although he goes by Kris.