Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on this 'classic'?

What is the general consensus on the name Robert? Possibly with the nn Robbie? Is it a strong classic or is it horribly outdated? I only know of two, one is my age (23), and the other is a few years younger, prob 20?

I'm still looking for a name to replace Evander in my top two. Would Robert and Lachlan seem strange as brothers? I really love the nn Robbie, and sometimes feel Robert might not fit with all my other name choices. Can you get Robbie from other names?

Officially Trying for Baby Number One!

Rough n Tumble
    Lachlan Alexander // Evander Alcott // Ramsay Philip
    Bennett // Dresden

Pretty in Pink
    Lavender Irene // Philippa Maple // Bonnie // Pamela Joy
    Linnea Pearl // Corisande Fable // Odessa Faye // Marigold Ellen

I think Robert is a bit too mainstream and mid-century to go with your other favorites. Robinson nn Robbie may be a way to freshen it up. Lachlan and Robinson are nice together imo. Also, I like Anders on its own not just as a nn for Evander, are you considering that?

I think Robert is fibe with your list, it is slightly different but not too much. I don't really believe in the idea that names are dated, so I think Robert is fine to use.I think what is most important is that you choose a name that you love.
    Raquel-23 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Rose Caroline, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter, Marina Adelaide, Emmeline Margot, Alice Primrose,Annabel Frances, Catherine Isabella, Vivienne Lucille
    Gentlemen: Frederick Arthur Louis, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett, Edmund Tobias, Asher Benjamin, and James Raphael

I think Robert and Lachlan work fine together. Both seem very Scottish to me. From your list, I think Dresden, Thatcher, and Evander go well enough with Robert, whereas Peregrine, Theron, and Cadmus seem a little mismatched.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom View Post
    I think Robert is a bit too mainstream and mid-century to go with your other favorites. Robinson nn Robbie may be a way to freshen it up. Lachlan and Robinson are nice together imo. Also, I like Anders on its own not just as a nn for Evander, are you considering that?
    That's how I feel as well. I think Robinson would work great with the other names on your list. Robert is definitely a classic name so not outdated or anything but I think Robert and Lachlan don't really fit together well.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) , Mary Claire (06/12) and Margaret Rose (05/15)