Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Elodie -a few questions

What are everyone's thoughts on the name Elodie? Also, how do you pronounce it? Any middle name suggestions? I think I want something shorter, but a little spunky and unexpected, if that makes sense. For example, Elodie Wren came to mind, I think I really like that one! And lastly, do you know anyone with this name?

Not expecting, just having fun collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 24 years old and I have been a proud name nerd since I was 10.

Ladies: Juliet Elaine, Madeleine Audrey, Emilia Noelle, Lydia Caris, Elodie Katherine, Carys Emily, Victoria Elise

Gentlemen: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Jay, Roman/Rowan Gabriel, Evan Parker, Elliott Jude, Dawson Cole, Jude/Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Nehemiah, Everett Jacob

I named my car Elodie.

I went through an early stage of thinking it was the stupidest name alive, and then I really liked it after seeing someone with the name on some TV show (Leverage, I think?). Then I got bored with it (and hated the thought that she'd be fated with the nn Ellie, which I honestly can't stand), and now I can appreciate it; I think it suits my car perfectly. I don't know that I'd use it, and I'm still scared off by Ellie, but I do think it's a pretty name. I think most Americans will say ell-oh-dee or ella-dee, but I think in French, the proper pronunciation is AY-loh-dee, because of the accent over the first "E". I call my car Liddy, but I think Ella, Lola, and Lottie are cute for it, too. My car's full name is Elodie Claire, which I really like. When it had been on my list for an actual little person, I had liked Elodie Jane. Both are family names for me (although I wasn't intentionally naming my car after family, hahaha). I think something like Elodie Victoria, Elodie Caroline, Elodie Charlotte, Elodie Primrose, Elodie Rosamund, Elodie Giselle, or Elodie Josephine would be lovely, too.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Firstly I absolutely LOVE the name Elodie Wren.
    I pronounce it Elle-oh-dee.
    I think the spunky middle name adds charm to it and kind of complements the cutesy-ness of Elodie as it does not go into too girly territory.

I love the name Eloise... But Elodie Wren is cute and unexpected at the same time.
    If I can think of any short names like Wren I'll get back to you, but I do love this name.

Elodie Wren is adorable! Elodie is pronounced Ell-oh-dee, just so you know. I would keep Wren as the middle name, and I don't think you need any suggestions. Wren is perfect.
    Erin (Writer, Nerdfighter, Ravenclaw; Not expecting, just collecting)
    (Adelaide, Betty, Cassia, Georgia, Ocean, Violet)
    (Asher, Gabriel, Josiah, Oakley, Rowan, Wayland)