Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    1. I think BOT is ok. Honestly, how often are full initials even used for anything? Yes of course you want to avoid something like A.S.S. or S.T.D., but I think B.O.T. is ok. Blair Oberon is a cool name. I like Oberon better than Auberon, but I do like the AI-AU pairing with BlAIr AUberon. But I actually prefer B.O.T. to B.A.T. B.O.T. looks like an author's initials. Blair O. Txxxx. O is a good middle initial.

2. Cyrus Mortimer or Cyrus Ferdinand are my picks.
    Cyrus Sebastian--to ess-y
    Cyrus Augustine--too ancient
    Cyrus Emerson--clashing name images (ancient/trendy, at least to my mind--I know Emerson isn't new as surname but as a given name it feels trendy)
    Cyrus Indigo--don't really like Indigo that much
    Cyrus Abraham--this one is ok, but I think Mortimer and Ferdinand have more cool factor.
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

1) BOT is okay. It may have other connotations such as Book of Time and things that will mean something to someone but I know of nothing offensive.

2)

Cyrus Mortimer – I don’t care for this. the name Mortimer is affiliated with an old Edger Bergen dummy character who was slow-witted so it has a poor connotation to me. CMT

Cyrus Ferdinand – I think of the little dancing bull or Ferdinand Marcos the corrupt leader of the Philippines. CFT

Cyrus Sebastian – nice although the last name would make a difference with the multiple S sounds but if it is t you're good. SST

Cyrus Augustine – Very emperor-like, CAT

Cyrus EmersonI love this. It’s classy without sounding pretentious. It has a touch of the old fashion without being too trendy. My favorite. CET

Cyrus Indigo – This Is nice, kinda whimsical. CIT

Cyrus Abraham – Nice and solid. CAT

iamamiam: Thank you. I like Indigo for either gender, but right now I am loving it more for a boy.

lilysong: Robots aren't bad, so that's good! Thanks!

alliecat: I'm glad to hear that about robots, I hadn't even thought of it, but a boy would probably like it, yes. I can't help but notice you have Sansa in your signature. Out of curiosity, do you have a specific MN pair for that one?

thatkathryngirl: That would be the hope. Thank you for chiming in!

capturedcastle: Glad you like Blair Oberon. I think I have to agree with your thoughts on Emerson, Sebastian, and Augustine. I really like those three names, but they don't work as much as some of the other MN's on my shortlist.

red_shoes: I think Edger Bergen may have been a little before my time? Is that Mortimer from a movie or a show? My last name begins with T but it does has an S in it, so it may be borderline too much S to have all three names that way.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I agree with the others--I can only think of bot, as in robot. I would be more concerned with B.O. for body odor...

As for Cyrus, I'm really loving Cyrus Ferdinand! Very cool. I would love Cyrus Inigo, if that had been an option instead of Cyrus Indigo. (What can I say? I love The Princess Bride!)
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I love Princess Bride too. So tempted by Inigo, haha. Or Westley. If only Wesley wasn't so darned popular!
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them