Post Are names destiny?

Here's a question: to what extent does your name shape your personality ... and your life? Is the girl named Fleur doomed if she's not a very feminine type? Does the boy whose parents called him Maximillion have to be a thrusting, powerful go-getter? What do you think? michelle_sb

They definitely don't have to! I think often authors use them because they help the reader along with the character development depending on the name, but it certainly isn't a necessity. It could make for an interesting character is their personality was the exact opposite of what their name connotes.

I want to know where this magical 'name personality' dictionary is. Who would dictate the decided personality of a name?

My name is Cecilia Anne, an extraordinarily feminine, frilly name meaning Blind Grace. I've always been a tomboy, having been raised with two brothers and no sisters. In popular culture, Cecilias are snobbish, b!tchy, spoiled brats, and while I likely satisfy the b!tch part of that I'm not all that snobbish or spoiled.

Am I doomed, or am I interesting?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

A lot of times for my stories, I'll take a name that has one meaning because the character I'm using it for is the exact opposite. So no, I don't think that a name has to match the person wearing it.
    robin | INTJ

roselle doveva lyra | clarion soleil | astoria lilac | esther magnolia dawn
    elowen amaryllis | marion cassiopeia sonnet | indie wildflower
    jane odilia lavender | luna morgana | lilith magda

august leopold blue | reed olivander | henry etienne alder | alaric bastien
    lincoln sage | eleazar atlas laurent | wolfgang bramwell frost
    raphael devereaux | desmond fox | ezra wilder

I actually think it is rare or interesting if someone's name really truly fits them.
    I know a little boy Max whose name fits him to a tee. He is crazy active, bubbly but with an old soul.
    I've never felt like my name fits me very well...
    My sister on the other hand completely embodies her name. She has a vintage classic name with Grace in the middle and he is a girly, sensitive ballerina!
    Strong female name enthusiast

Harriet Jean. Olive Theodora. Delphi Josephine. Saskia Margaret. Winifred Alice. Maxine Frances

Tobias Hugo. David Augustus. Peter Archibald. Charles Finnian. Rupert Ezra

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus