Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

names I'm loving lately...critique welcome

Lately I've been falling hard for the old lady names. I have no idea why, because part of me still loves the idea of Artemis. But I've fallen hard for these:

Imogen
    Ingrid
    Agatha

And also interested but not quite sure about:
    Jean
    Claudia

So...what do you think? Useable, pretty, hideous, crazy? Do you prefer my old favorites or the new?
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Imogen is fabulous. I don't know if I could pull it off, personally, but it would be adorable in many families.
    Ingrid feels a little bit more stiff to me, so I have a harder time loving it. I think it could be great in some situations though.
    Agatha is another great one.
    Jean is nice, I greatly prefer June, though.
    Claudia... I don't know. Something about this one feels dated still maybe. Babysitters Club books?

I love Imogen and like Ingrid. I don't care for Agatha personally...the "ag" sound bothers me. Jean isn't my style, but my midwife is named Jeanie and I love her, so that's a good association at least. Like PP, I prefer June or even Jane. I'm not a fan of Claudia, either. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't care for it. I think all of the names are usable.

Imogen- Love this! So unusual especially in the USA. It has such a unique sound too.
    Ingrid- This sounds just a bit harsh to me. I kinda have a feeling that I should like it, but theres something about it that I can't quite love.
    Agatha- This still sounds like a mean old British nanny to me lol. I am starting to like it though.
    Jean- Sounds a little dated to me. I prefer June and Jane much more.
    Claudia- I kinda like this! But the meaning isn't the greatest, if thats something that is important to you.
    Artemis- This is more of a GP name for me. I do like the history behind it though.

My fave by far is Imogen!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

I love Ingrid and Jean. My cousin Ingrid is nicknamed Inga, which I've always thought was cool.
    Jean is my middle name, and I love how it sounds as a middle name with all sorts of names! It's cute as a fn too. I like Jeanie also.
    Strong female name enthusiast

Harriet Jean. Olive Theodora. Delphi Josephine. Saskia Margaret. Winifred Alice. Maxine Frances

Tobias Hugo. David Augustus. Peter Archibald. Charles Finnian. Rupert Ezra

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus