Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    If he's attracted to the meaning behind the Lazarus story (rising from death/ashes), you might consider Phoenix.

love Lazarus - he represents coming BACK to life, not death. and Lazer???? way to trendy, trying way too hard. call him Lazarus. and why does religion have to be a turn off? if you dont believe it, how is it different than using a myth or fairy tale name?

I'm with @orphanedhanyou - I think of coming back to life much more than death itself! I've been around Nameberry long enough to realize that religion is a big turn-off for a lot of people (not that I understand why, but that's beside the point). I have been reading the story of Lazarus's resurrection in my personal Bible study this week, and just last night I was thinking how very cool Lazarus was, and I was just considering making a thread of my own with it! I probably would have (or will) use Lazarus as a middle, because I feel like Boaz and Lazarus are both way too much strong, eccentric Bible names and too many "Z"s for two brothers. But I do really like it. I have been tossing around Zane Lazarus Peter for a full combo, myself. And I agree, Juniper and Lazarus would be so cool for siblings!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

I'm drawn to Eleazar (same Hebrew name as Lazarus) and another Eleazar is featured in the Chanukah story as a Maccabee. Lazarus is probably more accessible and easier for people to pronounce, and I've known and liked Russian Lazars which is related, so I've been thinking about it a bit though I'm not sure because I don't follow the New Testament and it seems almost deceptive for me. But not for others!

That said, I hate Lazer as a pronunciation. The Lazars I've known say it l'ZAR with a very soft l and emphasis on the second syllable, not LAY-zer like laser tag.