Thread: Maeve and...

Maeve and...

Back to the drawing board, trying to refine our list for Maeve Alice's little brother or sister (TTC).

Please give your reactions / thoughts to these possible names. Combos and new ideas welcomed!

BOYS:
    Arlo (definite front runner atm)
    Saul
    Luca
    Jasper

GIRLS:
    Anneke (nn Annie)
    Greer (very nearly used this for Maeve!)
    Sansa
    Allegra
    Jane

Names sadly vetoed: Io, Flora, Anouk, Nour, Elinor, Miles, Hugo, Alfred.

Thank you!!

Maeve Alice is beautiful! One of my dance students is a Maeve and my sister is Alice

Im sad to see Hugo vetoed as it's one of my favourites and I think it's lovely with Maeve!
    I really like Arlo!
    Luca and Jaspar are both nice, and I could see them with Maeve.
    Saul is very cool! I've never heard it on someone before!
    You've got a great bunch of boys choices!

Greer is my favourite of your girl choices.
    Anneke and Sansa are both interesting, but not my style. I like Sansa better, but think that Anneke goes better with Maeve.
    Allegra and Jane are also nice but I just like them with Maeve as a sister, not love.
    I would suggest Nola to go with Maeve. Not sure if it's your style but I love them together!
    Elsa might also be nice?

Good luck!
    Last edited by silverr; July 18th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Strong female name enthusiast

Harriet Jean. Olive Theodora. Delphi Josephine. Saskia Margaret. Winifred Alice. Maxine Frances

Tobias Hugo. David Augustus. Peter Archibald. Charles Finnian. Rupert Ezra

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

Luca is perfect for a boys name. Anneke goes best with Maeve, but it isn't very pretty to look at like Maeve. It doesn't sound like your style, but I think Anastasia would work. Maeve, Luca, and Anastasia.
    Caspian ~ Genevieve ~ Benjamin ~ Claire ~ Sebastian

Caspian Bartholomew & Claire Gwendolen

Currently: Corisande + Icarus + Aurelia + Casimir + Octavia

Of your boys' names, I think Saul goes the best with Maeve. I also really like Arlo w/Maeve. Super cute. Luca and Jasper are not my favorites. Luca is cute, but I don't think it really goes with Maeve and my cat is named Jasper so I have a hard time disassociating the name from my spectacular feline.

Of your girls' names, I like Greer the best (one of my faves) and I think it is PERFECT w/Maeve. Second fave is Anneke though I don't think it goes as well. I love that name, though. Jane also goes well but it doesn't have that punch that Maeve has. Sansa and Allegra? Mehhh. I'm a huge Game of Thrones nut and I also have allergy problems so those names both have strong associations for me.

Yes:
    Saul, Arlo
    Greer, Anneke, Jane

No:
    Luca, Jasper
    Sansa, Allegra